Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Jealousy

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 32 Replies

I know everyone is different and all but I'm feeling a bit jealous tonight. I had sold a big pillow sac to someone here in my town and the young lady came to pick it up. She was also Asian (which is probably why I'm even more jealous) but she was so petite. She had two little kids with her and she was much shorter than me (I'm only 5'1). She was probably around 120lbs and I probably won't get that small, but seeing how tiny she was really made me jealous. Eventhough I have these feelings, it makes me want to push even harder to reach my ultimate goal weight. Has anyone else felt this way?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beebella
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw a woman with 4 kids, her youngest looked like she was around a year old, and she was skinny like a stick! And here I am with only one kid and struggling 2.5 years later to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy....sigh... I understand how you feel
azn_ladie82
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I've seen women like that too and I have 3 kids; my youngest being 5 years old . Someday I would like to reach my pre-pregnancy weight before I had my oldest (I'm 48lbs away from that goal).

Quoting Beebella:

I saw a woman with 4 kids, her youngest looked like she was around a year old, and she was skinny like a stick! And here I am with only one kid and struggling 2.5 years later to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy....sigh... I understand how you feel

akmaldo
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep that happens to me all the time! I was a target today, and I have done great with my weight loss but I see a mom of two with her workout clothes on with my ideal body. I got so down on myself, but tomorrow I start a new week of Insanity so I will kill it and I will eat healthy to achieve my goals!! :) you can do it mama!
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I think it's natural to feel that way sometimes. Usually when I see someone who looks in really great shape, I like to imagine they recently lost a hundred lbs. that always kept me really motivated. ;). And then I try to remind myself not to compare myself to others ;). Lol !
azn_ladie82
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM

That's a great way to think of it. Thanks! After she left, I sat down..drank my water and told myself not compare myself to others.

Quoting Stefanie83:

I think it's natural to feel that way sometimes. Usually when I see someone who looks in really great shape, I like to imagine they recently lost a hundred lbs. that always kept me really motivated. ;). And then I try to remind myself not to compare myself to others ;). Lol !

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I feel that way all the time.
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

My cousin Serena is like that. She's a little twig! And everything she eats, she eats with rice or noodles. Wish I got that part of the Asian genes, lol

azn_ladie82
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I don't know what's going on with me but Asians aren't usually my size. I'm not even going to talk about my ass. Junk in the trunk over here..I have no idea where I got that from. Maybe my parents forgot to tell me something. Lmao!

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

My cousin Serena is like that. She's a little twig! And everything she eats, she eats with rice or noodles. Wish I got that part of the Asian genes, lol

punchnpie
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Then I Sigh and tell myself someday.....
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My jealousy usually comes from fitness-related.  I get super jealous when DH can run way faster/farther than me without even trying, when I work so hard to get up to my slow pace.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN