Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling a little down today

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
I started my weight lost journey a month ago, I've lost 5lbs and feel great about it. Yesterday I was at a family picnic and my dh's uncle (who is really snobby and stuck up) told me I would be beautiful if only I could loose the weight. Since I had my son 2 years ago I have suffered from depression and gained 60lbs. It hurts that he just judges what I look like on the outside and not the inside.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cad1972
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM

What an ass!!! Dont let what he said hurt you, I know it's hard!! I too have 60ish pounds over the last ten years due to depression. Keep up the hard work and do it for yourself not b/c some jerk says you will be beautiful if you loose weight! We are all beautiful!!

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM
What a jag. Try to remember that people who say things like that to other people usually have some issues with themselves.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Ouch!  That was beyond insensitive.  Sadly, there will always be the nay-sayers, and it's worse when they're someone you care about.  Try not to let it get you down for too long.  Focus on the supportive comments, because I would have to imagine there are more of those if people know you're doing well!

Great job on those first 5 lbs!!  You're off to a fantastic start!  You've got this, mama!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

What a jerk.  You know you are working on it, so let it go or turn it into fuel for yourself.  The things some people will say never cease to amaze me (and not in a good way!)

You already know he is a stuck up snob, so shake it off and move on.  You can DO this :)

azn_ladie82
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

What an A-hole! So freakin rude! Some people just need to keep their mouths closed. I wouldn't pay any attention to him. There is obviously something going on with him that he feels the need to be rude to others. Sorry chick! ((Hugs!)

wahmx3
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Ahhh, not nice when people are rude. Just ignore what he said and focus on your goals....you can lose the weight....you will be healthier, slimmer and a great momma....he will still be a jerk!

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:52 AM

There are assholes EVERYWHERE. Just remember that your worth is not defined by the way you look or how much you weigh. If you want to lose weight, do it for yourself. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)