Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 week carb shred...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

DH told me he was going to be doing this while we were at the gym earlier so I decided to do it with him. On top of what I'm about to post I will be taking my multivitamin and a fiber supplement(which I always take both, I'm not regular, ever). Copied and pasted from my journal that I plan to update over the next 3 weeks:

So, basically what we're eating the next 3 weeks 100 carbs or less per day. We'll be eating lots of chicken, lean steak(not nearly as much as chicken), eggs, cheese and some veggies. I will be continuing to watch calories, which will be pretty easy with eating so much chicken. We also bought some red potatoes and will have those occasionally. 

As for the gym we're doing a push, pull, legs and cardio cycle. Cardio days will also be ab days. Today was push day and went pretty good. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This was just a basic run down of our plans for the next 3 weeks.

I accidently skipped lunch today(got distracted) so tonight's dinner is 2 pieces of chicken and 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese. And water, of course. I'm normally a carboholic so this is going to be rough for me. Going to need a lot of will power. But, since I have such a high body fat percentage, I should still have a good amount of energy.

Also,

If anybody has any suggestions for other low carb stuff to give me other nutrients I may need or to mix things up, please reply. I think I'm going to get really bored eating the same thing for the next 3 weeks. Lol. 

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cad1972
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Carbs are my weakness as well... When you say 100 carbs do you mean 100gram of carbs a day? B/C that is alot! I keep my carbs to only 50g or less a day I shoot for 30g a day. NO breads even keeping the whole grains to a min not whole wheat either whole grain, no potato, rice or pasta. We will ocasionaly have a sweet potato but have cut all those carbs out as sides. Cheese is a waste of calories for me, I love cheese but keeping aways from it.

We do lots of grilled chicken and fish and tons of veggies. Good Luck!

Cozie_Sisika458
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Carbs are my weakness too! Good luck. 

I'm a tattooed, free spirited, CIO, circumcision, delayed vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, hiking, beach bum, early potty training, snuggling, video gaming, art therapy, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, Artist, sarcastic mom!

Caylaris1813
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Ok. I asked DH and he said he meant the 100 is absolute max. I misunderstood what he meant. 100grams is WAY less than we normally eat, though. 

I'm just eating what he's eating to keep things simple until I learn more about all of this eating healthy stuff. But it sure does taste good mixed in with cut up baked chicken! Lol. 

We're focusing more on meats because the veggies still have carbs. They have more than the cheese. Which the cheese has less than 1gram of carbs.

Quoting cad1972:

Carbs are my weakness as well... When you say 100 carbs do you mean 100gram of carbs a day? B/C that is alot! I keep my carbs to only 50g or less a day I shoot for 30g a day. NO breads even keeping the whole grains to a min not whole wheat either whole grain, no potato, rice or pasta. We will ocasionaly have a sweet potato but have cut all those carbs out as sides. Cheese is a waste of calories for me, I love cheese but keeping aways from it.

We do lots of grilled chicken and fish and tons of veggies. Good Luck!

cad1972
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Veggeis have the carbs you want tho not the carbs from bread, pasta etc... Yes cheese is yummy!!! LOL

Caylaris1813
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Ah ok. See, total noob to all this. Lol. What's the difference in carbs?

Quoting cad1972:

Veggeis have the carbs you want tho not the carbs from bread, pasta etc... Yes cheese is yummy!!! LOL

a06z08mama
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Sounds about like what I was doing. Day 1 & 2 no carb. Day 3 carb. Day 4 No carb. Day 5 carb. Day 6 no carb. Day 7 carb.

Repeat. And the carbs were consumed before or at lunch. And limited to 50 or less grams of carbs. (Veggies. Whole grains. Fruits. On carbs days)
brittney822
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
A good recipe to mix things up, boiled chicken with maranara sauce on top of ur favorite steamed veggie (we do asparagus)... I recently cut dairy out of my diet, but I used to sprinkle mozzarella on top until it melted!! So delicious :)
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Why not choose healthier sources of fats than cheese?  Cheese is primarily saturated fats, and there are TONS of healthier sources of fat.  Think about things like natural peanut butter (one that's only peanuts and maybe sea salt), salmon (also a great source of protein), nuts, olive oil, avocados, chia and flax seeds, etc.

I keep a dozen hard boiled eggs in the fridge at all times, along with some liquid egg whites.

Beans might be a healthy source of carbs for you, because they also have fiber and protein, along with potassium and other vitamins and minerals.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

wahmx3
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM

My issue with low carbs is you miss out on so many foods...almost entire food groups....I couldn't live without fruits and veggies every day....I don't see why you need to cut these out. Also if those are the only foods you are eating, it doesn't look like enough calories althogh cheese is high in calories (also sodium and fat).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)