Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

gym

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 7 Replies
I was using the gym for 1 hour and 24 min. My calorie counter says I burned 900 calories! I am really loving cardio. I wonder what I was doing so wrong before that I thought I hated it so bad!
I weighed myself to join the gym last week and it said 170. Today I should be at my highest for the month because of period bloating where I sometimes gain up to 10 lbs. Today I stepped on the same Scale as I did last week and wax 165.5 its a weighted scale not electronic. So even if the totals are wrong, it still suggests that I lost 4.5 lbs in a week! I won't trust it completely until I've gotten my period and gone a month. Then I will have a more accurate idea of my weight loss.
I did measure today too, too soon since the lasttime but I just wanted to see and I'm down an inch on my tummy. One on my butt. And one on each arm! Can't wait for a month to see my real progress!
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM

that sounds like real (fast) progress to me!

Keep up the good work

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM

great job :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Was the 170 on the same scale?  If not, that can make a difference.

Great job on the loss, and for going!  Did you decide to stick with this gym, then?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

imacafemomer
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM
It is on the same scale as last time. I am not sticking with this gym but the whole money back garuntee thing is only for the sign up fee. since i cant get my money back for the month i paid for, i am going to go every day for a month. I am going to then do the 10$ a month no commitment golds membership. If i like it ill sign up for the family but i dont want to get roped into something again. Darn salesmen.. ugh

Quoting musicpisces:

Great job on the loss, and for going!  Did you decide to stick with this gym, then?

imacafemomer
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I went back for swimming tonight too.
I ... forgot what i was going to say... oops nm
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

That's a bummer, but I agree, make the most of what you're stuck paying for!

Sometimes, I'll have a nice big loss like that, then nothing for a bit, so if that happens, just be prepared!  Hopefully that won't happen, but just a heads up!  =)

Quoting imacafemomer:

It is on the same scale as last time. I am not sticking with this gym but the whole money back garuntee thing is only for the sign up fee. since i cant get my money back for the month i paid for, i am going to go every day for a month. I am going to then do the 10$ a month no commitment golds membership. If i like it ill sign up for the family but i dont want to get roped into something again. Darn salesmen.. ugh

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

jesusfreak769
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM

YEEE HAWWWW

you rockbow down

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)