Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

GRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am so upset.  I weighed this morning and have gained 4 lbs!!!  I don't understand I am doing pretty good on my calorie count and and working out 5-6 times a week at Planet Fitness. I use the stuff and do the amount of cardio she said.

angryconfusedbanging head into wall

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akmaldo
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
It could just be water weight. Have you been lifting as well as the cardio?
jesusfreak769
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM

not alot of lifting

Quoting akmaldo:

It could just be water weight. Have you been lifting as well as the cardio?

akmaldo
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM
You need to be doing an even amount of cardio and lifting or close to it :) also, have you been taking measurements?
thekerrclan
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM

How much water do you drink daily? What about stress? What is your "Calorie count?" Sorry - -I'm new here so others may already know the answers to these questions. :)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Use that a fuel to make you keep going and show the scale who is boss!

my experience has been that I lose- gain lose gain lose lose gain... ultimately, I have gone down (about 61 lbs so far) so just take a deep breath, and keep going.  You KNOW you are doing the right thing- so keep it up, and the scale will follow.  I'd say stay away from it for a week or two then weigh again

don't let this break you- let it work for you ;)

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I'm sure it's just water weight. Some of us fluctuate in weight more than others. Some people will be up and down 5+ lbs from day to day.  I'm usually within 3 lbs.  Wait a few weeks and see what the trend is.  The scale is definitely frustrating. good luck

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:59 PM

On bad period days,  can gain as much as 8 lbs in water weight. However, with drinking a ton of water and making sure that I exercise, this period I'm only up a little over 1 lb. Make sure you're drinking water. Even eating a ton of super buttery popcorn can make your body retain water like no ones business.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM

My guess is that this is just a normal weight fluctuation.  My weight can change by as much as 8 lbs from one day to the next.  Try not to let it stress you out too much, and look at other measures of your progress.  How are things fitting?  Are you measuring?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

jesusfreak769
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I need to get a measuring tape

Quoting akmaldo:

You need to be doing an even amount of cardio and lifting or close to it :) also, have you been taking measurements?

mckinneymom918
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Water weight. I can't weigh the day following a run or I've gained 4 lb! I weigh the morning after my rest day after I pee before my run.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN