Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Im tired of being LAZY!!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hello, Im Vanessa I'm 36, and I am at my heaviest and lack of motivation.. it's driving me crazy and making feel depressed! I joined a gym and have only gone like three times, I would have thought  seeing my husband working out and losing weight that would have been  KICK in the butt.. but no... UGGHHH I'm searching for motivation.

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texasjen
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM

When you find it - let me know !!!

I would love to loose some - but just dont have the " I got to " UGH !!

And there is a new pill on the market " ACE" - tried it - didnt do nothing for me ! $ 60.00 gone !

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It takes 6 weeks to make something a habit. 

I've found it's easier for me to stick to exercising if I make a 6 week push of making it a habit in my life again. About 7 years ago, it was a complete habit for my life. Then we moved. In April, I just made the push again to make it a habit. It's already pretty normal for me to go after work. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Vanessa!  Motivation is hard, and it really varies for each of us.  Have you thought about WHY you want to lose weight?  Is your weight holding you back from anything you want to be doing?  Take some time and write out some of this.  You might just find what'll motivate you!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Motivation is different for everyone. For me, instead of focusing on the weight loss, I'm focusing on specific goals. One of my goals is to eat really well (lots of fruits, veggies, and protien). The other one of my goals is to get better at boxing. I take a twice weekly class at my gym, and I want to get better so that's my focus. I'm losing weight, but it's coming off slowly. And that's okay! If it takes a year, it takes a year. If it takes more, it takes more. I'm getting stronger and fitter and healthier, and to me, that's what matters. But it took me a really (REALLY) long time to get to this point. I've been working on seriously losing weight for....3 years now. I've been working on this same 10 lbs for the last 6 months, and it's stubborn. But the better I eat, the more comes off.

sfcalgal
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I hear you my husband juiced for a month and lost a ton of weight.. i'm just not ready to not eat any food!

sfcalgal
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I agree it is very hard, Im dealing with depression also just makes it move hard to get into it.. but I have not given up trying... I have Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and puts me at risk for all kinds of things. I need to lose the weight! embarrassed

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Ug, yeah, juicing isn't for most people!  I would miss CHEWING!  LOL  I did lose weight years ago (and of course, gained it back) using Slim Fast, but I was STARVING the whole time, and I was just plain miserable.  If I didn't have something I NEEDED to lose weight for, I wouldn't have stuck with it at all.

Quoting sfcalgal:

I hear you my husband juiced for a month and lost a ton of weight.. i'm just not ready to not eat any food!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

jesusfreak769
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey Vanessa!!  I'm Tiffany and too am lazy and sick of it!!! I have faith in the fact of if you are tired of being sick and tired then you can move mountains!!!!

sfcalgal
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Hi Tiffany, Yes I Think I May Almost There I hope
Dreamly
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Good luck!!! I agree, finding motivation is key. For me is we want more children (have a 10 yo and an 8 1/2 week old). I want to lose weight before I get pregnant again, and also I'm one of those that if I'm extremely overweight I won't get pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)