Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm curious

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok so I was on my run today and realized that I kind of have a strange combination of music that I like to listen to while I run here is the list of music I listen to on my iPod while I run:

Deftones-Change (in the house of flies)

Natasha Bedingfield-Pocket full of sunshine

Adema-Giving in, Freaking out

Finger Eleven-Paralyzer 

Lana Del Rey-Video games, Born to die, Blue jeans

Sound and the Fury-Technology, D.T.D, Bullet factory, Vanity, Pushing the demons, Metaphor, Addiction

See like I said an odd combination of genre but it's what I like to listen to it gets me pumped up or just makes me happy. Honestly Pocket full of sunshine comes on and it just makes me happy and want to run. So I'm curious what do the rest of you listen to while working out, if anything, is your list of music also a miss match of a bunch of different genre. I would love to see what others listen to to get pumped up for a good work out. 

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't listen to it when I work out at home, I just have the tv on- though sometimes I'll find videos

if I did though, I'd be listening to Korn, the Cruxshadows, Depeche Mode, Sisters of Mercy, Imagine Dragons probably a little rockabilly or classic rock and *maybe* a bit of Pitbull or Eminem thrown in too...

*I just wanna say that Change is one of my FAVORITE songs ever! : )

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

On the runs where I do listen to music, it's more mainstream.  Rihanna, OneRepublic, Green Day, Pink, and even U2 most of the time.  I have a few select songs that I've downloaded that get me moving (Tinnie Timbah Written in the Stars, for example, which is the perfect tempo for how I run).

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Jdroze81
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Nice definitely a mushing of genre's there :), and yea Change is a freaking awesome song. 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I don't listen to it when I work out at home, I just have the tv on- though sometimes I'll find videos

if I did though, I'd be listening to Korn, the Cruxshadows, Depeche Mode, Sisters of Mercy, Imagine Dragons probably a little rockabilly or classic rock and *maybe* a bit of Pitbull or Eminem thrown in too...

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Nothing specific but I do mainly listen to the top 40....my daughter adds it to my phone and I just plug in headphones. On the treadmill, i walk fast and watch tv shows online or read with my kobo app on my playbook.

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Whoa! Sisters Of Mercy takes me way back :)

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

angchick
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband makes fun of me (not seriously) because I am 31 and I listen to a lot of hip hop for my workouts. For some reason they just pump me up!! I do have a mix of things too. Here are some of my favs:

Song titles:

Bass Down Low

Drop it Low

Sweat

Get Buck In Here

Hall of Fame

I Run for Life- Melissa Etheridge

LIke a G6

Living Dead Girl- Rob Zombie

One More Night- Maroon 5

Till I collapse- Eminem

Poison

just to name a few

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Lol @ Bass Down Low!

I thought I was the only one with that on my playlist! I get made fun of for it regularly. Heehee

Quoting angchick:

My husband makes fun of me (not seriously) because I am 31 and I listen to a lot of hip hop for my workouts. For some reason they just pump me up!! I do have a mix of things too. Here are some of my favs:

Song titles:

Bass Down Low

Drop it Low

Sweat

Get Buck In Here

Hall of Fame

LIke a G6

One More Night- Maroon 5

Till I collapse- Eminem

Poison

just to name a few

imperfect511
by Amie on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Before I got pregnant and I started c25k (only made it 2 weeks in and stopped when I found out I was pregnant) I listened Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Big Time Rush, Eminem, Nickelback. I had a playlist on shuffle. 

angchick
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

listening to tunes I love the beat!!!

Quoting BeAmour:

Lol @ Bass Down Low!

I thought I was the only one with that on my playlist! I get made fun of for it regularly. Heehee

Quoting angchick:

Song titles:

Bass Down Low

Drop it Low

Sweat

Get Buck In Here

Hall of Fame

LIke a G6

One More Night- Maroon 5

Till I collapse- Eminem

Poison

just to name a few

Angela mama to..

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I have a mix of stuff on my mp3. I have stuff from Blink 182, Green Day, Hinder, Madonna from way back when, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Fergie, The Black Eyed Peas and so much more!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)