Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, my name is Paulina!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hello ladies, 

I'm 17 years old, and I have a son that is a month and six days old. I'm trying to lose at least 20-25 pounds, but I don't know what kind of foods are healthy to eat and which ones aren't. Well, obviously junk food is not healthy but what other foods aren't good to eat? What should I eat for breakfast/ lunch/ snack and dinner? What kind of exercises help you lose belly fat and thigh fat? 

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Hello Paulina (btw: I love your name, very pretty!),

I like to live by two general rules.

1. Only shop the perimeter of the grocery store. That's where you will find the fresh produce, breads, dairy, seafood..ect.. If you shop the middle aisles that is where you will find the processed foods (chips, candy, dressings w/ lots of sodium/calories, boxed meals..)
  2. I try to live each day with a 80% healthy eating and 20% indulgence ratio. So, for example... I try to eat healthy meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then I will allow myself to indulge in a few things. Today it was a small coffee from a coffee stand. Yesterday it was using ranch dressing with my meals (something I try hard to say away from because I tend to go overboard on ranch.. lol)

As for workouts. I say go with the workouts you enjoy! If you like to jog.. do it! If you like pilates then find some youtube pilates workouts or sign up for a local class. =)

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Welcome Paulina!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)