Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone's doctor suggest....

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM
  • 5 Replies

Victoza?

its a medication for type 2 diabetes that helps with weightless.

i have insulin resistance and pre diabeties, so I'm trying it out. It's an injectable drug. 

I find I'm getting very full very quick on it. First day after starting it I could eat only 1/4 of what I normally eat. 

Im hoping it will help me as my body/hormones/everything is out of whack (I also have pcos) 

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Never heard of it, I am also not pre diabetic. However, my Dr did prescribe me 50mg Topamax for headaches and to help with weight loss. It does help curb my appetite, but I still have to make good eating choices and get my butt back into a workout routine, or I could easily continue to gain weight instead of lose weight which I would like to lose about 50 pounds. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Proud mom to 3 boys, Sean(7), Daniel(5), and Julian(3)

FlyingHottie
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Thanks. I have always been overweight, now its just heading in to the dangerous level. I gained a lot after my last pregnancy. I had hyperemisis so for 9 months my body was in starvation mode so it packed on after. 

I was n a weightless med before I had kids, I don't remember the name but I had lost over 80lbs and got to a healthy weight. 

I just recently adopted a dog to force me to go on walks every day... 

I also broke my ankle this last week so I'm trying to get that to heal till I'm back at the gym. 

Quoting momto3boys85:

Never heard of it, I am also not pre diabetic. However, my Dr did prescribe me 50mg Topamax for headaches and to help with weight loss. It does help curb my appetite, but I still have to make good eating choices and get my butt back into a workout routine, or I could easily continue to gain weight instead of lose weight which I would like to lose about 50 pounds. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I'd never heard of it, so I looked it up (I'm a nursing student, so T2DM meds are interesting to me!).  Interesting med.  I hope it works well for you!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I have never heard of it but then again, I am fairly healthy and rarely pay any attention to drugs. I do hope it works for you....not just for weight loss but also with other health issues.

FlyingHottie
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I actually have been feeling better since being on it. Keeps me full on less food. 

I haven't been able to work out since I have a broken ankle. But we will see. 

Quoting wahmx3:

I have never heard of it but then again, I am fairly healthy and rarely pay any attention to drugs. I do hope it works for you....not just for weight loss but also with other health issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN