Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Supporting "the girls"....

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

OK ladies, so here we go... I know I need to invest in some new sports bras, but am a little bit at a loss as to where to start. About 3 weeks ago I went and did an "official" bra fitting and (low and behold) I was wearing the wrong size. I was wearing a 36C and I measured out at a 32DDD/34DD (sister sizes...) - so, where does that leave me as far as buying sports bras?

I have looked at TJMaxx and the only thing I have found are ones that go up to a C-cup or are generic sized (Sm, Med, etc...). Do your sports bras measure the same as your regular bras or do you have a more generic sized one? How did you know which size to get?

I am fitting into Med shirts/tanks for exercise so does that mean a Med sports bra should/would fit?

Also, what is your take/experience on the style of bra?

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
panther79
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Women's Active by Old Navy Sports Bras | Old Navy

i'm bigger than you (42dd) and this is the one i wear.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Moving comfort....by far the best
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a Moving Comfort girl, like Jess.  She and I both love the Juno, and I also like the Fiona.  I hear the Jubralee is good, too, but I haven't run in it.  Next time I get bras, I'm going to try one.  They're pricey, but worth EVERY penny.

Be aware, if you try the Juno, that it's an Olympic event getting it on the first couple of times.  You DO get used to it!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Thanks will look into it!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Moving comfort....by far the best

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I will definitely look into them... thanks for the heads up on getting the Juno on, the last thing I need to do is throw out my back before I even go for a walk!

Quoting musicpisces:

I'm a Moving Comfort girl, like Jess.  She and I both love the Juno, and I also like the Fiona.  I hear the Jubralee is good, too, but I haven't run in it.  Next time I get bras, I'm going to try one.  They're pricey, but worth EVERY penny.

Be aware, if you try the Juno, that it's an Olympic event getting it on the first couple of times.  You DO get used to it!  =)

Lorriane
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I am a large gal and I found that Glamorise has a nice fitting sports bra that works. I pick mine up from amazon because they have the best prices. 

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM
In terms of buying regular bras I'm a 36h/34i and I have the best luck on amazon. They have a great return policy although I haven't needed to use it yet.
cc5112
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I buy the enell bra from Title 9 online store. The bra is referred to as the last resort. It holds the girls on place. It's pricey and not pretty but I needed function. 

Check out their website. You might  also like Althleta and ythey have stores in some cities. 

mandaboo99
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I found that no mater which brand I chose I had to double up because I was either coming out the top or the bottom, I think a lot of people do this depending on how high impact youre going, lots of jumping around, the ladies need some extra support :)

cc5112
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mandaboo99:

I found that no mater which brand I chose I had to double up because I was either coming out the top or the bottom, I think a lot of people do this depending on how high impact youre going, lots of jumping around, the ladies need some extra support :)

Check out the Enell sports bra online at Title 9 or on the enell website. Oprah used it when she ran a marathon. I use it for high impact to significantly reduce bounce and soreness from it. It's not pretty and it's pricey but you get what you pay for!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN