Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

WOO HOO for the "lifestyle change".... and a NSV

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today, it was just DS (2) and I as my DH had to work and my DD was at camp with my mom.  In the past, I would hange out at home, maybe putter around and do some housework - but instead, I loaded up the jogging stroller and headed to Acadia National Park. 

We tackled a 3 mile (round trip) carriage road walk, as well as a 7 mile (round trip) carriage road mountain climbing adventure.  This particular mountain did have a hiking trail that was 1 mile (round trip), but I figured that wasn't reall going to be jogging stroller friendly. 

On top of it, my pass is good for a week, so I am already planning on ways to get down and do some more hiking/trails before next weekend to get full use out of my $10 pass....

Also, to end the day, I had to go through all my clothes and pack up my 12s and haul out my 10s - no more hauling on my pants anymore!  Depending on the brand, some are still a bit snug but I figured better than having to pull them up all the time - and hopefully they will fit just perfectly in the next couple weeks.

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Yay!!  Sounds like a great day all around!!

I LOVE having a parks pass- the regional parks here sell one, and I make the most of it!  I need to get a state pass, since the state is taking back my favorite trail running park July 1.

Keep making those smart decisions!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I was tempted to get the season pass ($40) VS the weekly pass ($10), but wasn't sure if DH would be OK with me getting it  I figure if I can prove to him this week that I would use it than the next time we go get a pass, I will get that one instead.  I never thought to look into a state park pass as well... I will have to do so!

Also, when you say "trail running" are you talking running through the woods (roots and all)?  Or is it more like a carriage road just narrower?  Knowing me and how graceful I am, I would SO trip on the roots my first day out!

Quoting musicpisces:

I LOVE having a parks pass- the regional parks here sell one, and I make the most of it!  I need to get a state pass, since the state is taking back my favorite trail running park July 1.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I go trail running on thos gnarly trails with roots and rocks and steep climbs and all!  I love it!  I was never graceful, but my balance has improved SOOO much since I started.  I fall down and bump into stuff WAY less in general.

Park passes are great!  They give me even more reason to get outside!  Plus now I get to visit some of the nicer beaches here!  =)

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

I was tempted to get the season pass ($40) VS the weekly pass ($10), but wasn't sure if DH would be OK with me getting it  I figure if I can prove to him this week that I would use it than the next time we go get a pass, I will get that one instead.  I never thought to look into a state park pass as well... I will have to do so!

Also, when you say "trail running" are you talking running through the woods (roots and all)?  Or is it more like a carriage road just narrower?  Knowing me and how graceful I am, I would SO trip on the roots my first day out!

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

katherinemcp
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
This sounds awesome. I used to trail run when I lived in Maine (Rangeley area), and this makes me miss it so badly! Kudos on all your hard work paying off! (:

Quoting musicpisces:

I go trail running on thos gnarly trails with roots and rocks and steep climbs and all!  I love it!  I was never graceful, but my balance has improved SOOO much since I started.  I fall down and bump into stuff WAY less in general.

Park passes are great!  They give me even more reason to get outside!  Plus now I get to visit some of the nicer beaches here!  =)

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Quoting musicpisces:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wahmx3
by Shelley on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Wow, that sounds like a great place to go...keep it up and take the whole family....family fun and exercise all at the same time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN