Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Summer weight loss/ fitness goals?*** ETA!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello ladies! I am new here to this group. I wanted to say hello and am looking for some inspiration for summer weight loss/ fitness goals.

I just had our third baby (he's almost 6 weeks) and am starting to ease back into exercising again, and need to lose about 45 pounds of baby weight. For right now I am focusing on a simple goal of moving every day and toning up, but I'd like a specific goal to work towards! Do you have any summer weight loss or fitness goals? Any inspiration to pass my way? Thanks and I'm excited to be here in this group! wave

Edit: thanks everyone for sharing such great goals!! After reading these replies, I've decided I would break my summer down into mini goals so I can consciously improve my fitness level, and I'll be setting a food goal each week- for example, this past week and for the next couple weeks I'm going to walk 4x a week, and I'm going to aim not to eat the kids' snacky foods. The walking goal has been easy!! Not eating the kid foods, trickier! Lol. Also I will start a weight loss journal here. Keep up the great work and keep sharing your goals, I love hearing them! (:
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
mandaboo99
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!!!!!!!! After my third I had about 80 to lose, took me a year but I did it :) you can too!!!! My goal this summer is to walk across the Living room on my hands :D

katherinemcp
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
That's right where I'm at, too!! I've dropped from 196 to 191 in a little over a week. With this baby I reached 214 by my last weigh in, but I worked so hard and 'only' gained 30 lbs with him. Unfortunately I had a hard time losing it all from my daughter so I still had 30 to lose from her! So I feel like I've got so much more work to do but, like you, I feel like if I break through the 180's, I'll be doing good!!! (:

Quoting she-ra2000:

My goal for the summer is to get down in the 170s. I started about a couple months ago at 190 lbs. I would go up/down between 186-190. I have got to get out of the 180s atleast by the beginning of August. I had a tubal done the last of may so I had to take it easy like you w/postpartum. I've started back walking,did 2 laps around he track the other day. I'm trying to get up to 4 days a week, but this past week has been hard b/c we keep getting a lot of rain.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katherinemcp
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Um? You look AMAZING!!!! WOW!

Quoting mandaboo99:

Welcome!!!!!!!! After my third I had about 80 to lose, took me a year but I did it :) you can too!!!! My goal this summer is to walk across the Living room on my hands :D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
she-ra2000
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Well I just got back from my 30 min. walk around the track. I'm gonna try to walk at least 3 or 4 times a week. So today was the 1st for this wk. I just have to stay focused and avoid the rain. But I think that'll make a big difference. I've also been trying the reverse sit-ups, which are hard for me.
Quoting katherinemcp:

That's right where I'm at, too!! I've dropped from 196 to 191 in a little over a week. With this baby I reached 214 by my last weigh in, but I worked so hard and 'only' gained 30 lbs with him. Unfortunately I had a hard time losing it all from my daughter so I still had 30 to lose from her! So I feel like I've got so much more work to do but, like you, I feel like if I break through the 180's, I'll be doing good!!! (:

Quoting she-ra2000:

My goal for the summer is to get down in the 170s. I started about a couple months ago at 190 lbs. I would go up/down between 186-190. I have got to get out of the 180s atleast by the beginning of August. I had a tubal done the last of may so I had to take it easy like you w/postpartum. I've started back walking,did 2 laps around he track the other day. I'm trying to get up to 4 days a week, but this past week has been hard b/c we keep getting a lot of rain.

mandaboo99
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Thanks :) Just need to stick with whatever it is you find that works for you :) For me personally it was Beachbody programs and hot yoga :) I run free fit groups on fb and challenge pack groups as well Pm me any time if you are interested, Happy to help!!

Quoting katherinemcp:

Um? You look AMAZING!!!! WOW!

Quoting mandaboo99:

fourandhoping
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Congrats!

Summer:  work up to ten trail miles at a time, for a race in October; start losing the weight breastfeeding keeps on me (thirty pounds to go, I think); yoga once per week all summer at minimum.

Hazel-roo
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a back injury and then got pregnant right after so after my daughter was born I weighed 220 pounds.  It's taken me 17 months but now I'm down 41 pounds!! woohoo!! So it can be done, don't beat yourself up about it.  what I did for the most part is eat a lot of fruits and veggies :) Drink 64 oz of water a day. Sometimes I thought I was hungry and it was just thirst.  Especially when it's hot out, water is good for you! About a month ago I've joined a group of ladies that run (I'm not a runner, I can't be because of the injury) But they are soooo supportive and amazing.
And I've met them through Facebook which is great. They do different levels of  "runs" every day and most all of it is walker and stroller friendly too. (I guess it would depend on where you lived).
Just did my first 5K in April for St. Jude's and did my first color run 5K last weekend that was FUN!
My goal ... well I guess it would be summer too, because I'll be training for the next 6 months is to do a half marathon for my birthday in January!
4 years ago after my injury I would have never thought that I would be able to walk let alone jog a half marathon!!!!
I'll let you in on a 'Secret' of mine. When I first started walking it took me an hour and a half to walk 0.75 miles. Now I just finished 6 miles in an hour and 23 mins!!!
So keep at it! No matter if you have a fall back from a diet or whatever your goal is to do. It's never to late to pick yourself up and keep at it.

And the biggest thing that my ladies that keep me motivated say, " A mile is a mile... no matter if you run it or walk it... if you run it you'll just get there faster."

Just take the first step towards your "mile" 

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I agree with Suzanne.
As far as my goals, I'm trying to lose my last 10ish lbs and tone everything up! Also running two half marathons in the fall :)
Good luck!

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome to the group!  I agree that adding in changes over time can be a great way to have goals and to slowly introduce changes, so that you're not trying to change everything overnight.  Remember that 80% of weight loss is about diet- make sure you're eating enough to keep your supply up if you're breastfeeding. 

Good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardina4
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I would like to get down to 120 at least.
Ive lot about 27. I've a ways to go. Plus it's so hard when u in menopause.
Lmariani
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I am getting started on my summer goals next week.  I need to lose about 6 more lbs to my goal weight!  I just ordered the new beachbody workout, Focus T25.  I am so excited because it looks like something I can definitely commit to because it is only 25 minutes long!  It is supposed to be intense, but I am hoping to get really good results!  Maybe I will lose this belly fat that never seems to go away.  :)

I would love to have some accountability partners to workout with.  Message me on here if you are interested!!  We can help motivate each other to get to our fitness goals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN