Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Summer weight loss/ fitness goals?*** ETA!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello ladies! I am new here to this group. I wanted to say hello and am looking for some inspiration for summer weight loss/ fitness goals.

I just had our third baby (he's almost 6 weeks) and am starting to ease back into exercising again, and need to lose about 45 pounds of baby weight. For right now I am focusing on a simple goal of moving every day and toning up, but I'd like a specific goal to work towards! Do you have any summer weight loss or fitness goals? Any inspiration to pass my way? Thanks and I'm excited to be here in this group! wave

Edit: thanks everyone for sharing such great goals!! After reading these replies, I've decided I would break my summer down into mini goals so I can consciously improve my fitness level, and I'll be setting a food goal each week- for example, this past week and for the next couple weeks I'm going to walk 4x a week, and I'm going to aim not to eat the kids' snacky foods. The walking goal has been easy!! Not eating the kid foods, trickier! Lol. Also I will start a weight loss journal here. Keep up the great work and keep sharing your goals, I love hearing them! (:
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Replies (21-26):
wahmx3
by Shelley on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Goal is to end the summer at 143 or lower...summer is harder for me and I have been up and down within the same 3 pounds for several months. I want to be able to walk/slow jog 5k in 40 minutes or less by end of summer (which I am saying is Sept 15, last weekend of camping).

crazy4chapstick
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I was doing great last year...I had majorly toned and lost some weight....this year i've slowly slide back farther & farther.....not quite back where i started but too freaking close!! Trying to get myself motivated now. I know once I get started I will get into the swing of things.....it's just the starting part...aahhhh!
Have a goal of 20lbs....but willing to be flexible on that # to account for muscle gain.
What that feeling back again that I had when I was in shape (&healthier!).

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I'm hoping to really get the hang of clean eating. I've been one step forward, two steps back!
That is going to be my main focus over the next few weeks. I know once offer a handle on it, the weight will drop more.
Dreamly
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM
My summer goal is to just start a lifestyle change and stick with it. I keep giving up this time for some reason. I also have about the same amount of baby weight to lose as well (my lil dude is 10 weeks).
LuvNLearn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I'm late on entering anything, but there is an app that is free for your phone as well as found online.  

There are people you can friend and also you can join fitness goals... 

There is daily weigh in, Eat your veggies, biggest loser, Lost 5 lbs in July, lose 5 lb in August...

You can join on a 5 person team or there are groups for individuals... I did buy a membership so if anyone cares to try it out, look for Tay_Tay63-Plant Strong Foods/Forks over Knives... lol yes it is long but due to a group I'm in they requested we added the last part as a tag line for the challenge.

Anyway, I've had a lot of things going on and fell off the "exercise wagon" but I'm back on now... If you find me and want a special Challenge that isn't listed, please let me know and I would LOVE to create one for you.

Again, it's free.  If you don't have a "smart phone", you can work this online as well. www.loseit.com

LuvNLearn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I do ask that you let me know when you request a friendship that you are on cafemom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN