Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Drinking only soda every day for 16 years

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 21 Replies

I just read this article about a woman in Monaco who has only been drinking soda everyday for 16 years. She was taken to the hospital with heart problems.

I am really surprised she hasn't had health issues before this.

I cannot imagine consuming something that is so bad for you every single day.

Do you eat or drink things that are bad for you?

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ptitchou
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Yes I drink soda. I could probably lose more weight if I cut it out. But I don't drink much.
thatgirlNH
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I drink/drank soda every single day. For many years. Few and far breaks in between. Some days I was drinking 10 cans of Mountain Dew a day! I officially quit today though, only been drinking wate.r

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I drink diet coke everyday but I also drink plenty of water. My grandpa only drinks diet rite!  And yes I eat loads of things that some people would call "bad". Chips, cookies, cake, ice cream, subway, etc, etc, etc. ;)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM

yup- I admit that I do, though I'm trying to do better and I am doing WAY better as an adult than growing up.

I drink soda every day for the most part- but usually it's less than a can

TheBookSiren
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM
My dad only drinks coffee or pop daily. When I drink water around him he scoffs and says "Water is for bathin, not for drinkin." O.o

I drink pop because frankly trying to give it up and work out together made me quit working out so I didn't feel guilty about drinking it. I drink it occasionally if I feel like it but I refuse to keep it in the house. If I want one I have to get my big butt up and go to the store and get 1 and only 1. ;)
It's my one vice. I dont drink, smoke, eat fast food, or butter or fatty sugary foods. I never crave chips or cookies or chocolate. I have pop though.
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I have a cup of coffee everyday, I have pretty much cut all diet sodas from my diet and limited my sugars and fried foods, so yeah just my cup or two of coffee per day would be my only vice.

RheaF
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I drink soda, but that's not all I drink. ANYTHING in excess(even excersise) is bad for you. I will say that I use moderation. I drink soda, I eat junk food, I even eat "gasp!" fast food. However, I also eat and drink healthy. I am losing weight and getting healthy. I simply do not agree that you need to cut everything labeled "bad" out of your diet for good.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I eat things that some people would consider very bad for me...  real butter, meat from grass-fed animals, raw milk, saturated fat from coconut oil, eggs from free-range hens every day....but that's it.

I don't use the excuse "everything in moderation."  I don't play around with my body's ability to cleanse itself of chemicals and toxins, and I do try to avoid bad things like soda, caffeine, sugar, and damaging substances in foods.  I don't knock myself around if I can't avoid those things, but I don't give myself excuses, either.

sjenkins8208
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I don't, but that souds just like my mom. Sometimes she will have juice or milk, but the majority of her "liquid" intake is pop. I'm 23, and that's all I ever remember her drinking. Shes a pretty healthy 53 year old though.....but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
tekcrkark
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I usually have soda with my lunch!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN