Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need help & advice please ! (PiCS)

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

Ok so I'm Taylor I'm 20 my dd Gracelyn will be 2 in July . Ever since I had my daughter I have been stuck between 130-140 lbs Before I had my daughter I was 105 lbs . I am only 5'2 . My biggest problem area is my stomach . I had a c section . I want to get healthy, start working out (at home) and lose some weight and fit my stomach . Problem is I don't know where to start . I have never actually tried to lose weight before so this is all new to me . I am in school full time for medical assistant/phlebotomy and I work part time in sales and I sell homemade hair bows and tutus plus take care of my dd of course so I have alot just like everyone else does but I can not go to the gym because of scheduling with school and work and day care etc . Any good work out routines or DVDs ? I normally eat twice a day plus little snacks throughout the day because I never actually "finish" eating a meal . Please help ! Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated !!!!
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Hi! Welcome to the group.

There are tons of fantastic workouts on DVD. I'm sure you find something you like. I really like Insanity but its intense. 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels is good. And there are lots of others.

Do you plan on tracking calories or anything?
ASPENOPS
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Hi there!

Start small.....you can begin to lose weight by increasing your metabolism first and foremost.  You mention that you have 2 meals a day.  If you are truly dedicated to droping weight, increase that to 6 clean meals a day spaced 2.5 to 3 hours apart. 

I know how crazy schedules can be....I myself have a 4 year old, full time job, and a household to take care of.  For this reason, prepare all your meals in evening, pack them in zip lock containers, and take them with you the next day.  Focus on low carbs and high protein to begin.

And you need to start moving.....if it's DVDs, walking around the neihborhood, or going to the gym....do it! 

Have fun and good luck!

Melanie

Melanie (About me)

Defy Ordinary!

GracelynJoysMom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I would like to track calories and lose weight . I have tried the 30 day shred for a few days and I just got bored with it . I want to find something more "fun" I guess . Lol .

Quoting Noni2319:

Hi! Welcome to the group.

There are tons of fantastic workouts on DVD. I'm sure you find something you like. I really like Insanity but its intense. 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels is good. And there are lots of others.

GracelynJoysMom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM
What are good "snacks" to make in the evenings for the next day ? Like I said I only eat like 2 meals a day and occasionally a snack here and there but I never finish the entire thing because I am not that hungry . So should I just pack healthy snacks and eat them every 2 1/2- 3 hours ?

Quoting ASPENOPS:

Hi there!

Start small.....you can begin to lose weight by increasing your metabolism first and foremost.  You mention that you have 2 meals a day.  If you are truly dedicated to droping weight, increase that to 6 clean meals a day spaced 2.5 to 3 hours apart. 

I know how crazy schedules can be....I myself have a 2 year old, full time job, and a household to take care of.  For this reason, prepare all your meals in evening, pack them in zip lock containers, and take them with you the next day.  Focus on low carbs and high protein to begin.

And you need to start moving.....if it's DVDs, walking around the neihborhood, or going to the gym....do it! 

Have fun and good luck!

Melanie

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Call me oldschool. But I'm still a fan of the taebo vids. LOL. I still have my old VHS copies I use. 

ASPENOPS
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quoting GracelynJoysMom:

What are good "snacks" to make in the evenings for the next day ? Like I said I only eat like 2 meals a day and occasionally a snack here and there but I never finish the entire thing because I am not that hungry . So should I just pack healthy snacks and eat them every 2 1/2- 3 hours ?

Quoting ASPENOPS:

Hi there!

I know how crazy schedules can be....I myself have a 2 year old, full time job, and a household to take care of.  For this reason, prepare all your meals in evening, pack them in zip lock containers, and take them with you the next day.  Focus on low carbs and high protein to begin.

Have fun and good luck!

Melanie

If you eat more clean food, you won't need snacks.  You'll be full all the time.  You're not hungry now because your not burning any energy (calories).  You do not need to track calories.  You need to eat more.

Working out is fun for some people, but for most of the rest of us its "working-out"....in other words, it's work which isn't fun.  Forget about trying to have fun, and focus on your goal.  All you need is a small taste of success to get you going:)

Melanie (About me)

Defy Ordinary!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I understand that. It's one of things I love about Insanity you do a different video every day. You should definitely be able to find a workout that you like.

One of the ladies here can calculate your bmr for you to give you the calorie range that you should eat in. For that they need your age height, weight, and how often you work out.

Quoting GracelynJoysMom:I would like to track calories and lose weight . I have tried the 30 day shred for a few days and I just got bored with it . I want to find something more "fun" I guess . Lol .

Quoting Noni2319:Hi! Welcome to the group.

ASPENOPS
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM
You can calculate those yourself using any of the many calculators found with google.

One example.... http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator

That won't do you much good alone though. Stop focusing on calories and start focusing on the 3 macros....Protein, Fat, and Carbs.

Once you have your BMR go here.....

http://macronutrientcalculator.com/

Melanie (About me)

Defy Ordinary!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome, Taylor!  I agree that cleaning up your diet and eating more frequently will help a lot.  I actually have a journal with the basics of eating clean (click here).  It'll give you some idea of what to look for.  You'll need to get familiar with reading food labels, if you aren't already.  This link is really helpful if you need guidance with that.

One thing that helps me BIG time with school (I'm a nursing student, and I used to be a phleb, too!) is packing all of my food with me.  It saves me money, calories and time, and everything is just right there.  It takes out the guesswork, and saves me from buying some crap food at the cafeteria or at Taco Bell!  I bought a cooler I can keep with me all day (I'm gone 12 hours a day many days).

I started out with DVDs (30 Day Shred, actually), but I also decided to try running.  I hated it in the beginning, but I knew it would help me achieve my goals.  I'm glad I did, and now I love to run!

I have a couple of other journals that may give you some ideas.  Take from them what you will!

What's working for me

General weight loss tips

You can do it!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

akmaldo
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome mama!! There are some awesome ladies on here to give you support! To help with tummy issues I would do a low carb diet. If you want to message me your height weight age and activity level then I can help you with your calorie intake! As far as workouts go, I would suggest something fun! Someone said insanity, while it's a lot of fun (that's what I'm currently doing) I can get boring. I would suggest something like Turbo fire or Turbo Jam!! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)