Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Rate my plate!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Corn grilled while still in the husk, squash an zucchini grilled with lemon pepper seasoning. Chicken grilled with lemon pepper and baked potato with a little butter and bacon bits!
I don't plan to eat but about half of the piece of chicken! Lol!
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mkmommy0406
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Whoops!! I forgot to say I have to give my husband tons of credit!! What's on that plate is a huge accomplishment for me!! And he is such a great motivator for cooking like this for me!! The rest of my family had BBQ chicken, he set aside a piece just for me!
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM

YUM!

MiszMassy66
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM

yummyyy

akmaldo
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Switch the baked potato for a sweet potato, but other than that it looks fine!
imacafemomer
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I like the zuch and squash. Looks good but i dont like anything else on the plate. Just preference.
ASPENOPS
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Nice! Like mentioned already, swap out that potato for a sweet potato with no butter. Also, corn is high in sugar/carbs. You should eat everything (save the corn). 1/2 a piece of chicken only serves to slow down your metabolism.

Melanie (About me)

Defy Ordinary!

mkmommy0406
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Thank you ladies!! As we were eating we did discuss getting sweet potatoes instead!! And I did end up eating the whole piece of chicken! Lol! It was awesome!!
ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I showed this plate to my SO and asked his opinion. We both agree that there are too many carbs on the plate and I personally think it looks like too much food.

We were talking about ways to make the plate better. I was thinking get rid of the corn and the baked potato and mix the zuccinni & squash in a salad w/ vinagarette (to cut calories) and serve with 1/2 the chicken. My SO said to cut the chicken vertically and serve it on a bed of spinach and try to make the dish more integrated. He said he saw the main protein w/ 3 sides. He thinks the dish would be much more interesting if it was more integrated and had more herbs in it (basil, cilantro..) My SO also mentioned that it seems the baked potato needed the bacon bits and butter in it to make it taste better. In that case, why have the potato at all. Instead put those bacon bits into a salad w/ herbs.

That's our opinion =D

Congrats on making a nice meal though! It looks much better than BBQ chicken =D

roxysmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd minus the corn and potato, add a 1/4 of a a sweet potato, half the chicken, keep the squash and add butter to everything :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ballerina18:

I showed this plate to my SO and asked his opinion. We both agree that there are too many carbs on the plate and I personally think it looks like too much food.

We were talking about ways to make the plate better. I was thinking get rid of the corn and the baked potato and mix the zuccinni & squash in a salad w/ vinagarette (to cut calories) and serve with 1/2 the chicken. My SO said to cut the chicken vertically and serve it on a bed of spinach and try to make the dish more integrated. He said he saw the main protein w/ 3 sides. He thinks the dish would be much more interesting if it was more integrated and had more herbs in it (basil, cilantro..) My SO also mentioned that it seems the baked potato needed the bacon bits and butter in it to make it taste better. In that case, why have the potato at all. Instead put those bacon bits into a salad w/ herbs.

That's our opinion =D

Congrats on making a nice meal though! It looks much better than BBQ chicken =D

That will add calories, not cut them. If you read her description again, it is grilled with only lemon pepper on it. If you add vinaigrette, it is going to add calories. It is perfect the way it is. There is no need for vinaigrette on it and I say this as a former Chef. 

Honestly, I would ditch the corn and the potato. I would eat 1/2 of the chicken, keep the squash mixture, then, I would add other veggies as well. I would add grilled asparagus, grilled tomatoes, and maybe some grilled pineapple and peaches as well. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)