Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Can't Seem to Shake the Weight.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 10 Replies

Ok ladies, I have a problem. After my first son, the weight came off very easy. I left the hospital back into a size 3. After working out at the gym for a few months, I was toned and back into my old body. When my son was about two I found out I was pregnant again. It has been almost ten whole months and I just can not seem to shake the weight. I am about 168 (which is the biggest I have EVER been). I work out almost daily doing cardio and muscle toning. I do not have a sedentary lifestyle at all; I am always on my feet. My stomach just refuses to budge; I haven't gained any, but I haven't lost any of my belly either. I am seriously thinking there must be a thyroid issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Or any tips that I can do to try and get some results from my work outs?

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kermitthemom23
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That would be me! Dont gain cant loose. Tried diet, excersise (i eat ok and move alot regularly) diet pills you name it. Got thyroid checjed and its a ok. Doc just put me on bc pills to see if that helps but so far nada. Thinking later this year I might try a natropath. Something usnt right. I just dont know what it is yet. My baby will be 3 here soon!
Luckily im not so huge that I cant live with it but I sure would like to be normal again
missa_kay1023
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Good luck to both of us then! I seriously know something is wrong. It isn't just the weight, but ever since having my son I can just feel that my body is not the same. I am not terribly huge either because I am kind of tall, but it can still be upsetting! I just do not feel happy in my body. I have tried every fast, diet, diet pill, exercise plan, healthy eating, clean eating, a focus on nutrition... I just feel no results. I go to the doctor today, hopefully I hear something awesome.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Have you tried to track calories? If you aren't losing and aren't gaining, that would imply that you are eating the right calories to maintain your weight. To lose weight, you want to have a calorie deficit. I love myfitnesspal for food/calorie tracking. Good luck. :)

missa_kay1023
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Yes ma'am. It all depends day to day, but I try to at least eat 1500 calories. However, I know for a fact I never eat more than 2,000 calories and I do not eat any food past 6 o'clock at night. & Thank you!

ASPENOPS
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I hate to go against the grain here...but please don't track calories.  It's fruitless.  Also, please don't worry about how late you eat.  As long as it's protein, you can eat as late as you want.  What exactly are you eating now?  Give us a play by play, meal by meal breakdown.

There is no secret here.  You need to build lean muscle at the same time you are decreasing fat.  You do this with LOTS of clean food and a weight training program.

Quoting missa_kay1023:

Ok ladies, I have a problem. After my first son, the weight came off very easy. I left the hospital back into a size 3. After working out at the gym for a few months, I was toned and back into my old body. When my son was about two I found out I was pregnant again. It has been almost ten whole months and I just can not seem to shake the weight. I am about 168 (which is the biggest I have EVER been). I work out almost daily doing cardio and muscle toning. I do not have a sedentary lifestyle at all; I am always on my feet. My stomach just refuses to budge; I haven't gained any, but I haven't lost any of my belly either. I am seriously thinking there must be a thyroid issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Or any tips that I can do to try and get some results from my work outs?

azn_ladie82
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Curious- how is tracking calories fruitless?

Quoting ASPENOPS:

I hate to go against the grain here...but please don't track calories.  It's fruitless.  Also, please don't worry about how late you eat.  As long as it's protein, you can eat as late as you want.  What exactly are you eating now?  Give us a play by play, meal by meal breakdown.

There is no secret here.  You need to build lean muscle at the same time you are decreasing fat.  You do this with LOTS of clean food and a weight training program.

Quoting missa_kay1023:

ASPENOPS
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

It's not about how many calories you eat it's about what those calories are composed of and when you eat them.

Find your BMR: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator

Take that # and find the amount of each macronutrient you should be eating based on your goals:  http://macronutrientcalculator.com

Decide what your goal is and choose the appropriate breakdown (tabs on the last URL)....High Carb, Moderate etc.

Use the # of grams of each macro (Fat, Carbs, Protein) to determine what you should be eating.

big_red05
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Because its more about eating a healthy clean diet and satisfying your body... When I stopped counting calories I lost weight a LOT faster then I ever had

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Quoting ASPENOPS:

I hate to go against the grain here...but please don't track
calories.  It's fruitless.  Also, please don't worry about how late you eat.  As long as it's protein, you can eat as late as you want.  What exactly are you eating now?  Give us a
play by play, meal by meal breakdown.

There is no secret here. 
You need to build lean muscle at the same time you are decreasing fat. 
You do this with LOTS of clean food and a weight training program.

Quoting missa_kay1023:

azn_ladie82
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I tried just eating better without counting and I failed. Lol! I did it for 10 months and the weight slowly came back. Had to start counting calories last month. I do make sure to add a decent amount of produce while counting calories. I guess what ever works for that person.

Quoting big_red05:

Because its more about eating a healthy clean diet and satisfying your body... When I stopped counting calories I lost weight a LOT faster then I ever had

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Quoting ASPENOPS:

I hate to go against the grain here...but please don't track
calories.  It's fruitless.  Also, please don't worry about how late you eat.  As long as it's protein, you can eat as late as you want.  What exactly are you eating now?  Give us a
play by play, meal by meal breakdown.

There is no secret here. 
You need to build lean muscle at the same time you are decreasing fat. 
You do this with LOTS of clean food and a weight training program.

Quoting missa_kay1023:

randomosityblog
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM

How much do you eat each day? What are you eating? When you say you're working out, how long are your workouts? What's your goal weight? A size 3 isn't necessarily realistic anymore so you might need to reevaluate. IDK how tall you are but 168 doesn't seem too big for average height. Is it just a little weight you need to lose, or a lot?

Also, even *with* thyroid issues you can lose weight it just takes longer and it's harder to do. I have to work 10x as hard as my friend that doesn't have thyroid issues, just to lose a pound. It sucks but hard work will prevail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)