Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

K's Weight Loss Journal (And a few questions) with pics!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hello, I'm Kandi. I just went on my first jog/walk with my son(in a regular stroller, if that makes a difference. lol) I didn't quite do a mile. I think it was .87 mile. I weigh 261 and it's honestly too hot here in Georgia to be this overweight. lol

I have a "c-section belly" or whatever it's called and it's driving me INSANE! I never had it before having him and he's 2. So it's beyond time to get rid of it. I'm gonna try and do a little cardio yoga if he takes a nap and I wanna do this everyday except for one until I get used to running.

So my question is, for you bigger ladies that started running to lose the weight, how long did it take you to be able to run the entire time? I felt like I was gonna pass out. I was going one-two mailboxes every few minutes of walking and then I'd walk a little. If that made ANY sense at all. lol

And my second question is, when do you typically run? Early morning or later evenings? It's already 86 and high humidity and it's only noon! lol

So I'm gonna post a few pictures and I'm being really brave here, so please don't make fun of me. I obviously know that I'm overweight. lol

TIA!!

Kandi
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CamMa
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Okay, maybe no pics right now because my phone is being stupid. I'll post them later.
xxBiteMExx
by Myra on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I know what you mean!!! I want to be a runner soo bad! Lol. But im 264 lbs and live in hot a** Texas!!! Its getting up to 102 today. I hate the heat lol. Anyway... Im doing a Zombie 5K training right now. Its 35 minutes and starts you out slow with a mix of walking a jogging. Today is barely my second day but I wont be doing it til its almost dark lol. Good luck though! I have a journal (im myra) if you want to follow me. And if you have a myfitnesspal I'm TakingControl13
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CamMa
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Good luck to you!! I have a MapMyRun, but I did away with MFP, I can't do the calorie tracker. I make too much homemade food. lol, tracking drives me insane.

Quoting xxBiteMExx:

I know what you mean!!! I want to be a runner soo bad! Lol. But im 264 lbs and live in hot a** Texas!!! Its getting up to 102 today. I hate the heat lol. Anyway... Im doing a Zombie 5K training right now. Its 35 minutes and starts you out slow with a mix of walking a jogging. Today is barely my second day but I wont be doing it til its almost dark lol. Good luck though! I have a journal (im myra) if you want to follow me. And if you have a myfitnesspal I'm TakingControl13
Ma2Liam
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
When I first started running I would set a goal. I would run as far as I could and when I got to the point I *had* to stop I would look ahead and say I will keep running until that point. When I got there I would walk. After a few days and I could make it to the spot again and I wasn't dying so bad I would pick another spot. Eventually I was running all the easy parts (I have a hilly route) and I would start on the harder uphill parts. Yes I sounded like a freight train. Yes I was red and hot and sweaty but I don't care. I wanted to get fit. I still have a long way to go weight wise and I still can't run the whole 4.5 miles but one day I will.
I also try to go earlier in the morning on hot days and sometimes I can't and go when it is hot out. I make sure I take extra water and my sweat towel to wipe my face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
guardedheart
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I live in TN and so I know what you mean about the heat! I run around 8:30...just after dark. Still hot and muggy, but at least the sun isn't bearing down on me:) I am using the couch to 5 K app...I weigh 149 now, but started at 175...my goal is 130. It is hard for me too...I look and feel like I am dying and sometimes feel like a turtle could outrun me...another reason I run after sunset, LoL! Just keep setting goals and pushing harder:)
CamMa
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I was doing this morning, so I guess it was good. lol. Good luck to you!! And thank you. :)

Quoting Ma2Liam:

When I first started running I would set a goal. I would run as far as I could and when I got to the point I *had* to stop I would look ahead and say I will keep running until that point. When I got there I would walk. After a few days and I could make it to the spot again and I wasn't dying so bad I would pick another spot. Eventually I was running all the easy parts (I have a hilly route) and I would start on the harder uphill parts. Yes I sounded like a freight train. Yes I was red and hot and sweaty but I don't care. I wanted to get fit. I still have a long way to go weight wise and I still can't run the whole 4.5 miles but one day I will.

I also try to go earlier in the morning on hot days and sometimes I can't and go when it is hot out. I make sure I take extra water and my sweat towel to wipe my face.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)