Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I think this is a sign that I have a problem...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
Our scale died. (A weight watchers one I bought about 5 years ago) and I'm freaking out! I know each scale is slightly different and now I'm upset because my month challenge is over on Monday and I won't have an accurate result because the scale won't be the same!! Booohooo!

I know it's really no big deal and I'm excited to get a new scale. Just had a little panic that I won't have an accurate weight after my hard work this month!!
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Aw, try not to fret!  But yeah, different scales can measure differently!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:05 AM
I'm guessing it doesn't just need a new battery? But yea, I know what you mean. I switched scales too and it annoys me!
mandaboo99
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM

All scales are different. have you been doing measurements too?? theyre sometimes a better way to gauge your progress :)

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Tried two new batteries and no luck. I'm guessing they don't like to be peed on! (The joys of owning a toddler! Lol).

Quoting Stefanie83:

I'm guessing it doesn't just need a new battery? But yea, I know what you mean. I switched scales too and it annoys me!

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Oh I've definitely got measurements too. And that's my comfort! Seeing the numbers drop week after week when I'm stuck at a plateau on the scale! I'm definitely a perfectionist and I want all of the data I can gather!!

Quoting mandaboo99:All scales are different. have you been doing measurements too?? theyre sometimes a better way to gauge your progress :)
mandaboo99
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I'.m like you , I want all the data I can get!!  I use all 4 ive got a calliper. use measurements , scale and pics

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

lol! that hasn't happened to mine but my kids are always stepping on one side and making it bang down really hard, if that makes sense.

Quoting audmom1218:

Tried two new batteries and no luck. I'm guessing they don't like to be peed on! (The joys of owning a toddler! Lol).

Quoting Stefanie83:

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

sure, blame it on the toddler.... jk.

good luck with the new scale, and hopefully it gives you the results you want. But either way, don't give up!

Quoting audmom1218:

Quoting Stefanie83:

I'm aiming for at least 400 miles in 2013 and to lose 45 pounds, watch me reach my goal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN