Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

"Jump Start"

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM
  • 16 Replies
6 moms liked this
I'm so tired of hearing so many ladies posting about all these fad diets, pills, or shakes that they're going to use "just as a jump start" to losing weight. I'm sorry, but that's just an excuse. Why do you need to use any product as a jump start??? Changing up your routine by adding exercise and cleaning up your eating IS a jump start itself. And it will give you better results overall. Ladies, this is a HEALTHY weightless group. Please dont come in here saying you're going to try some pill, meal replacement shake, restrictive diet or whatever it may be and expect those of us who work our butts off doing things the right way to sugar coat it and be all supportive of it. If you would like information on food or exercise tips, BMR, etc there are many of us in here that can help you. But please don't be surprised when we don't back your decisions to follow or take something unhealthy. I apologize if this offends anyone, just tired of seeing so many unhealthy things in a healthy weight loss group. Now get out there and burn some calories! Have a great day ladies :)
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Ditto sister! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Amen! I think clean eating and couch25k is the best jump start to a diet I have ever found! I'm way excited to post my update on Monday! Spoiler alert... Even chocolate addicts can survive a month without sweeteners!
imacafemomer
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
O man the c25k wow. I never sweat so much lol

Quoting audmom1218:

Amen! I think clean eating and couch25k is the best jump start to a diet I have ever found! I'm way excited to post my update on Monday! Spoiler alert... Even chocolate addicts can survive a month without sweeteners!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

clapping It does get old and then they seem to get all upset when we are not all for it.  I want the weight I'm losing to STAY gone this time, so I'm trying to do it better than last time. I still have things to work on, more weights/strength and better food -but I can guarantee you that shakes, pills, and shots will NOT be a part of what I'm doing-nor have they been

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
You are right. I lost 4 1/2 pounds first week. Just exercising and eating right shocked my body to lose that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I agree, not to threadjack but I have a question about BMR :-) So I googled it and I found that my BMR is 2052 so to lose weight I should be 500 calories less right? But even thought I'm eating three meals and two snacks I'm not getting 1500. When I started my journey I stopped eating junk and I cleaned up my diet so I lost over 20lbs over the past couple months. Now I'm at 158 and I'm stuck...I'm 5'1" so I know I still have weight to lose. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies so they are low in calories but they fill me up and I don't make it to the 1500...advice?

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Your BMR is the minimum you should be eating each day, not 500 less. But at 158 and 5'1" that doesn't sound like a correct BMR for you. How old are you and how much are you working out? I'll do your BMR range for you. Also are u breast feeding?

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

I agree, not to threadjack but I have a question about BMR :-) So I googled it and I found that my BMR is 2052 so to lose weight I should be 500 calories less right? But even thought I'm eating three meals and two snacks I'm not getting 1500. When I started my journey I stopped eating junk and I cleaned up my diet so I lost over 20lbs over the past couple months. Now I'm at 158 and I'm stuck...I'm 5'1" so I know I still have weight to lose. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies so they are low in calories but they fill me up and I don't make it to the 1500...advice?

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
And as far as adding calories, healthy fats like avocados, olive oil, nuts, all natural peanut butter...those are all great things. Also make sure you're getting in protein....lean meats, eggs, etc...

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I'm 29 and no I am not breast feeding. I workout 5 days a week. I either do the elliptical for 45 minutes or zumba Mon, Wed, Fri. I also do some strength workouts Tues, Thurs but not weights I need to get on that.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Your BMR is the minimum you should be eating each day, not 500 less. But at 158 and 5'1" that doesn't sound like a correct BMR for you. How old are you and how much are you working out? I'll do your BMR range for you. Also are u breast feeding?

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Your BMR is 1492 (this is the minimum you should eat each day)

While working out 3-5 days a week 1492*1.55=2313

To lose 1 lb per week 2313-500=1813

To lose 1-2 lbs per week you should eat between 1492-1813 calories per day.

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

I'm 29 and no I am not breast feeding. I workout 5 days a week. I either do the elliptical for 45 minutes or zumba Mon, Wed, Fri. I also do some strength workouts Tues, Thurs but not weights I need to get on that.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)