Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

cliff bar?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 12 Replies
The gym was giving out free cliff bars today. When am i supposed to be eating it? Before my workout. Or after?
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I never eat right before a workout because I get sick if I do.
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I only use cliff bars or other nutrition on long runs (8+ miles) or long bike rides (25+ miles)
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Whenever you want ;)
And when it fits your macros. Is it a protein bar?
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I agree here:)  They have protein in them but I don't think they are protein bars...not sure though.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Whenever you want ;)
And when it fits your macros. Is it a protein bar?

zombieskayer
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I eat them if I'm having a low protein day. I mean they aren't protein bars, but it's something i can grab at the WAWA by my work when I don't have time for anything big like a chicken wrap. They are so yummy!

Micah09
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I love cliff bars!! I eat them probably way too much :D they have 10g of protien and they are all organic!! I would eat them before a work out if  you hadn't eaten in a while or after or just as a snack during the day!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I carry Clif bars on long runs sometimes, because they don't upset my stomach while running.  I also carry them for an "in case of emergency" snack.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

imacafemomer
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM
So would this work to bulk up my calories for the day? I ate crap yesrerday and still couldnt meet my goal. Not saying thats ideal, but i can never meet my goal for calories fir the day

Quoting musicpisces:

I carry Clif bars on long runs sometimes, because they don't upset my stomach while running.  I also carry them for an "in case of emergency" snack.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:48 AM

You could.  I wouldn't suggest having them all the time, but occasionally is fine.

Quoting imacafemomer:

So would this work to bulk up my calories for the day? I ate crap yesrerday and still couldnt meet my goal. Not saying thats ideal, but i can never meet my goal for calories fir the day

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Clif mint protein bars are my favorite candy bar ever. Lol. I just consider it a nice bonus that they have 20 grams of protein. :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)