Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Boredom eating...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 20 Replies

OK this is something I am still trying to control!!! I am at home alone cleaning house doing laundry etc... I had a good breakfast:

Egg and turkey sausage then mid morn I had made a fruit mix-apple grape strawberries and I had a cheese stick and a tablepoon pb on my apple

I had a salad for lunch just lettuce and tomato no meat didn't feel like cooking

Tonight will be a splurge it is our anniversary we are going to our fav steakhouse. We've already said we are gonna make sure to skip the bread basket they bring out LOL

But how do you stop the bordom snacking... Or is there something I can pop im my mouth like handful of nuts or something? I know nuts are high in fat etc... 

What are some of your tricks ladies?

Thanks!

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mckinneymom918
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Grapes are easy to pop in and have a crunch.

Also baby carrots with bolthouse ranch dressing (1g fat in 2tbsp I believe).

Pink lady apples help me with sweet.

ETA: when I first buy grapes, I wash them and pop them off the vines, makes for easy grab a handful from the fridge.
cad1972
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM

That is what I do too with my grapes easy grab!!! Will have to try Pink Lady's I think I got honeycrisp apples this last time... 

Thanks!

missymackie
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this

nuts are very good for you, they have good fats :)

cad1972
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Which ones tho... I hear different things... I love walnuts , not big fan of almonds but I can eat a few LOL love cashews love Brazilian nuts too

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Nuts (I keep a mix of walnuts, almonds, pecans), sunflower seeds, or else I'll chew a stick of gum and get my hands busy so that I stay away from the food.

kaycersmom
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Drink water :) Im still working on it too
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

carrots, gum, pretzels

honestly, I plan my day every morning and if it isn't on my list for the day- I don't eat it.  I know I get breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and if there are still calories then I munch a piece of cheese-carrots or whatever

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I've had to make a very conscious effort to break the habit of boredom eating.  I have to ask myself whether I'm actually hungry or bored.  It has become MUCH easier now than it used to be, but it took a long time to get there, and when I'm stressed, it's harder.  I do snack on things like grapes, cherry tomatoes, or popcorn sometimes when I need that hand/mouth thing.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I chew gum.  Or pop a piece of hard candy.  I also drink more water and soda.

cad1972
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Thanks! Yes very hard and yes I ask myself ok are you hungry LOL or is this just a habit thing! I also tend to want to pig out when I am stressed, actually I am an emtional eater(happy,sad,celebrating). I have to be extremely depressed or extremely upset to NOT eat other wise I turn to food. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN