Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK this is something I am still trying to control!!! I am at home alone cleaning house doing laundry etc... I had a good breakfast:

Egg and turkey sausage then mid morn I had made a fruit mix-apple grape strawberries and I had a cheese stick and a tablepoon pb on my apple

I had a salad for lunch just lettuce and tomato no meat didn't feel like cooking

Tonight will be a splurge it is our anniversary we are going to our fav steakhouse. We've already said we are gonna make sure to skip the bread basket they bring out LOL

But how do you stop the bordom snacking... Or is there something I can pop im my mouth like handful of nuts or something? I know nuts are high in fat etc... 

What are some of your tricks ladies?

Thanks!

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
GayleKini
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Make sure to eat high fiber foods. The healthier I eat the less I feel hungry:)
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm exactly the same way.  I'll eat for any emotion, including stress, but if things are REALLY bad, I have no appetite.  And then there's the habit thing.  It's tough!!  It does get easier with time, or at least it has for me, but it's taken awhile (I've been on my journey for over 3 years).

Quoting cad1972:

Thanks! Yes very hard and yes I ask myself ok are you hungry LOL or is this just a habit thing! I also tend to want to pig out when I am stressed, actually I am an emtional eater(happy,sad,celebrating). I have to be extremely depressed or extremely upset to NOT eat other wise I turn to food. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

First, I do whatever I can to avoid the kitchen. LOL! Take a bath, workout, do something productive...lol

Usually my go to snacks are pickles, kimchi, or cucumber sticks. However, usually those snacks are not what I am craving. I love my salsa so I just try to avoid the kitchen late at night (when I want to snack out of boredom) because I know anything I combine with salsa is going to be a snack I will regret.

I think this is a struggle for all of us. The way I see it is the less I snack in front of the tv or when I am feeling bored the less I will have cravings at those times.

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Water. Baby carrots. Celery with a teensy bit of salt. Cherry tomatoes.
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Oh! And watermelon chunks. They fill me up like crazy!
she-ra2000
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

cinnamon raisin bread w/pb. It has protein in it. Sometimes I buy trailmix, too.

BethsB
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Gum will make you bloat and maybe a bit gasy. Due to the air intake with chewing..

i need some fun easy snack ideas.. as that is what i mostly do at work is snack!!  I look at pinterest a lot for ideas. Or buy a bag of chips or whatever you like and divide it up into perfect size snack bags.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Nuts (I keep a mix of walnuts, almonds, pecans), sunflower seeds, or else I'll chew a stick of gum and get my hands busy so that I stay away from the food.

beth's B!angel

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Gum has never had that effect on me.

Quoting BethsB:

Gum will make you bloat and maybe a bit gasy. Due to the air intake with chewing..

i need some fun easy snack ideas.. as that is what i mostly do at work is snack!!  I look at pinterest a lot for ideas. Or buy a bag of chips or whatever you like and divide it up into perfect size snack bags.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Nuts (I keep a mix of walnuts, almonds, pecans), sunflower seeds, or else I'll chew a stick of gum and get my hands busy so that I stay away from the food.

BethsB
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM

it doesnt me either most of the time.. every once in awhile it does though.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Gum has never had that effect on me.

Quoting BethsB:

Quoting michiganmom116:

beth's B!angel

lilpsmommie2011
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the same issue with snacking. I've been trying to avoid snacking, but if I do give in I make a healthy choice. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)