Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How's my lunch look?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying really hard to eat healthier & eat less. I failed at breakfast. I ate a huge bowl of lucky charms with 1% milk. I typically don't buy the stuff because I would eat it all! My MIL sent it home with us. I had a hodge-podge lunch before we went to the park. By 3:30, I was starving! I don't know if it's because I'm not used to eating so little or because I needed more protein or what. I was proud of myself because I came home & ate a Greek yogurt instead of pigging out. We're having left over burgers & turkey hotdogs for dinner. I'm still deciding if I want to eat my burger on a whole wheat bun or if I want to skip it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM

For me personally, that lunch would leave me starving, too.  I need more fat and protein, and the fruit sugar is what I call "quick carbs"...quick to spike insulin levels and quick to leave me feeling hungry again.

I would have ditched the fruit and salami, opened a can of tuna and had that and the grapes over a large plate of salad greens, topped with dressing, along with the cottage cheese.  That would keep me feeling full for several hours.

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I bought tuna at the store, but I am such a picky eater. Mixing fruit with tuna or in salad is a no-go for me. Plus, I want tuna salad made with ranch & sweet pickle relish, and I was in a hurry! But, I've had flavored tuna before (in a pouch). That's something to consider....

I'm not a huge fruits/vegetables person, so I'm starting with what I like. I plan to have a big spinach salad with carrots, cucumbers & tomatoes at dinner!

Quoting michiganmom116:

For me personally, that lunch would leave me starving, too.  I need more fat and protein, and the fruit sugar is what I call "quick carbs"...quick to spike insulin levels and quick to leave me feeling hungry again.

I would have ditched the fruit and salami, opened a can of tuna and had that and the grapes over a large plate of salad greens, topped with dressing, along with the cottage cheese.  That would keep me feeling full for several hours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Sorry...I meant to say grape tomatoes with the tuna in the salad....I wouldn't have grapes with tuna either!  LOL

I've topped my tuna on salad greens with sweet pickle relish before adding my dressing (sometimes it's ranch dressing), and it's pretty good!

Quoting lillybug222:

I bought tuna at the store, but I am such a picky eater. Mixing fruit with tuna or in salad is a no-go for me. Plus, I want tuna salad made with ranch & sweet pickle relish, and I was in a hurry! But, I've had flavored tuna before (in a pouch). That's something to consider....

I'm not a huge fruits/vegetables person, so I'm starting with what I like. I plan to have a big spinach salad with carrots, cucumbers & tomatoes at dinner!

Quoting michiganmom116:

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
That's a good idea!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Sorry...I meant to say grape tomatoes with the tuna in the salad....I wouldn't have grapes with tuna either!  LOL

I've topped my tuna on salad greens with sweet pickle relish before adding my dressing (sometimes it's ranch dressing), and it's pretty good!

Quoting lillybug222:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I wouldn't eat so much fruit at one meal...spread it out throughout the day so you don't get the sugar spike and crash, even though it is natural sugar. The salami has a lot of nitrates and sodium....replace it with chicken, ham or tuna. Add some veggies....raw with dip is quick and easy for lunch or snacks. A salad with lettuce and veggies and maybe some cheese  would also be a good choice. I also would add a piece of whole grain bread....maybe make a tuna sandwich, ham, or even peanut butter. If you have to eat 2311 calories, you will need to eat more at meals.

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I'm not sure if the 2311 calories is correct....I just entered my info into the Lose It app.

Quoting wahmx3:

I wouldn't eat so much fruit at one meal...spread it out throughout the day so you don't get the sugar spike and crash, even though it is natural sugar. The salami has a lot of nitrates and sodium....replace it with chicken, ham or tuna. Add some veggies....raw with dip is quick and easy for lunch or snacks. A salad with lettuce and veggies and maybe some cheese  would also be a good choice. I also would add a piece of whole grain bread....maybe make a tuna sandwich, ham, or even peanut butter. If you have to eat 2311 calories, you will need to eat more at meals.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM

If you aren't sure of the calories....you should get your BMR calculated so you know how much you should be eating daily. Not eating enough is just about as bad as eating too much...either way you won't lose.

Quoting lillybug222:

I'm not sure if the 2311 calories is correct....I just entered my info into the Lose It app.

Quoting wahmx3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)