Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Shakeology, yeah I know I know

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 45 Replies
First let me say I fully believe in clean eating and exercise for weight loss and not taking an easy fix. I live in the south and when the heat hits I have no appetite, like I have to force myself to eat and everything sounds horrible. There are days I don't eat anything until after 2pm. I am thinking about ordering Shakeology just to get through the summer. Just to get the protein and balance I need to still be able to work out effectively. I know I need to be taking in more than I am at this point but I just have no desire to eat anything and I'm not getting anywhere near the calories I should be consuming.
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2.5girls
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Where u at?
JanaLap
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM

we have plexus 96 which is a protein shake... 

and we also just came out with X factor, which is a multi vitamin

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
What about doing smoothies with protein powder in them? Same idea but better than Shakeology :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akmaldo
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Shakeology FTW!! Good choice! :) I use it as an extra meal with my insanity workouts. It is a great source of nutrition!!
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
And I'm the same way, btw. I'm in MI but when the heat is up there, I have no desire to eat...and if I do, it's usually just fruit and water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashley9603
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM

What about snacking every few hours?Maybe fruits,veggies,nuts etc.I know its hard when you have no appetite.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I think if it comes down to a shake like shakeology (which i've heard great things about) or eating nothing at all, the shake is the way to go. However, when possible, eat actual food.

kaycersmom
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I thought shakology was really good for you, honestly curious of any bad reviews since I haven't heard any

Quoting beadingmom17:

What about doing smoothies with protein powder in them? Same idea but better than Shakeology :)
ilovemy3boys
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I love my shakology's. I use it for breakfast since I am not a morning person.  if you need more info pm me.

bluesky51201
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I've tried just snacking but I literally have to force myself some days and then I feel yuck. I can drink just fine but the thought of food...I eat a healthy dinner and a couple of light snacks each day, that's the best I can do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)