Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Title of My Weight Loss Journal!!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM
  • 10 Replies
So here goes! I am about to spill it all here for anyone to see, and I'm both excited AND nervous! Normally I'm a fairly private person, especially when it comes to a touchy subject like my weight. But I'm happy I found a plce where so many people are encouraging each other to lose weight and to be healthy!

I am 30 years old and my youngest is 6.5 weeks old. We have a 6 year old son and our daughter will be two in August. After I had my oldest, I literally walked 6 miles a day, 5 days a week to lose the weight- I gained about 50 pounds with him on my 5'4" frame!. It took almost 2.5 years to get to a place I was happy with- with being strong and toned and healthy...and tiny! Haha. One of my biggest fears of having another baby was the thought of not wanting to get fat. But as selfish as it may sound, it was my reality. I gained about 40 pounds with our daughter, although I ate much healthier and was very active during her pregnancy. Unfortunately, the weight just would not bdge. I could say I tried everything, but the truth is, I didn't really. The only struggle there was was my inner dialogue of feeling awful about my body and being over weight. I did lose some weight and was eventually able to *squeeze* into my size 10's, but the weight didn't stay off.I blamed it on breastfeeding and said it will come off when she weans.

Fast forward to a surprise third pregnancy! Our wonderful little man was born May 16 2013. Seeing as how I already weighed 186 lbs, I was dertemined not to gain too much weight. I ended up losing a pound or two some weeks, but being a healthy gainer, I put on 'only' 30 lbs to rounnd off my final 40 week weight of 216. My highest ever. Ugh.

But 6 weeks later I am down to 190! Woooot!! I'm encouraged to be just a few lbs away from my starting pre pregnancy weight from #3, but know I have such a long way to go!!! My goal is to drop between 40 and 50 pounds, but it is also to be strong and toned (hence a goal range and not a specific weight). I have a fairly muscular body, so I would like to lose even more than 50 for a good number, but 140- 145 is a happy weight for my body. I don't know how long it will take but I am determined to do it!! I am not interested at all in losing the weight in any unhealthy ways or to beat myself up over anything. Now its time to get started!!!
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ASPENOPS
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Quoting katherinemcp:

...My goal is to drop between 40 and 50 pounds, but it is also to be strong and toned (hence a goal range and not a specific weight)....

This type of mindset is why you WILL be successful!:)

What does your lifting/cardio plan look like?

Wecome:)

katherinemcp
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM
For this past week I aimed to walk three or four times, and to keep my water intake up. This week I am aiming to walk four times, including two hilly routes, to keep my water intake up, and to not munch off the kids' plates.

I'm happy to say I got four good walks in this past week! I weighed in at 190.5 (after a big glass of water, light breakfast, and dressed, usually I weigh myself firs thing, undressed. About 14 days ago I was 196). My hips ache like crazy when I wear the baby in a carrier and I definitely dealt with some sore shins this week. But I got right up for a walk this morning and everything felt great! What a relief!

Just want to add that my Graco double stroller is heavy as heck!! Getting a 6 week old and a toddler ready for an early morning walk should be considered an olympic sport. Hopefully I'll be able to save up for a nice double jogger like a BOB- I am in love with our single BOB jogger and really would *love* to get a double!!!
katherinemcp
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Quoting ASPENOPS:

Thank you!!! Right now my plan is to focus on getting my walks in consistently each week. I am walking fast enough to be able to talk still but I'm working on getting my pace up a bit. I am aiming to walk 4x a week. (At least) for the next three weeks, including two days of a big hilly route by my house. Its at least a 30 minute loop, all the way up to 1 hour depending on which way I go.

I haven't gotten back into really lifting yet since having the baby. I'm planning on starting back next week with a basic routine. I'm trying to take most of July to get into the swing of things, without going so easy that I don't see results. I tend to get going too hard and end up hurting myself, so I'm really trying to make sure I 'stay in the game', so to speak! (: any suggestions??
ASPENOPS
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Start TODAY! 

Just go easy and listen to your body while also pushing it's boundaries.

Quoting katherinemcp:

...I'm planning on starting back next week with a basic routine....

katherinemcp
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM
The past two days have rained so I just got out for my second walk this week.

I made it through the entire hill climb without stopping for a break!! Woo! Small victories, haha. I'm glad its gotten easier but that's showing me two things: one- I am SO out of shape! Its not that big of a hill! (Lol) and two- the rest of that loop is mostly flat or downhill and its time to start turning around at the bottom of the hill and loop back through for a bigger climb! Next week I'll definitely plan on integrating the extra loop back up the hill to get me really working. Otherwise it doesn't feel like I'm keeping the intensity up. But that stroller sure is heavy with my toddler and baby in the infant seat. Dang!

Yesterday I weighed in at 190, even. Then I had my post partum visit and I weighed in at 200! Wtf! Obviously I'd had two meals, lots of water, was fully dressed, etc at my MW's office, but still, that's a big blow to the ego. Haha.

Doing great keeping my water up and choosing the healthy foods over c-r-a-p! Although we did have chinese the other night- but I feel like I did good with steamed rice, steamed veggies, and two chicken teriyaki skewers! (And then...an egg roll. Lol)

I definitely need to start a food journal to jot down everything I'm eating to keep myself honest.

So aside from the weigh in at the MW, I'm pretty happy with the week so far!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katherinemcp
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
TMI warning!!!!!I'm really hoping its just a little post partum issue- but last night, I started bleeding! I'm going to be really bummed out if I am already starting my period!! UGH!! :/

On a happier note, I BROKE 190!!!!!! I was so ecstatic this morning, seeing that needle UNDER 190. WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! (: its the perfect motivation to keep me going, especially in this heat. YAY!!!!!!
katherinemcp
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I got in my first 'real' strength sesh this afternoon! Very happy with myself that I actually got up and did some of those workout moves I've been 'pinning' to my Body Inspiration board on Pinterest!

Planks kill me. Mountain Climbers are also quite deadly right now. But I did it! I could only hold the planks for counts of ten, 3 times. I definitely am missing having strong abs! I keep telling myself- he's 7 weeks old!! It will take time!!! And then my brain also says back: "but you can do this! Don't use it as a crutch or excuse NOT to workout!!"

(Right now anyone reading this is feeling very thankful about not being around for my conversations with myself, lol)

Still holding steady under 190! Which is a relief actually because with the pouring monsoon we had at the beginning of the week, I missed a couple walks. I didn't worry about it, seeing as how I knew I'd be able to get out early the rest of the week- and lo and behold, my husband has to change his schedule to be at work by 6am fri and sat, and we have 95 degree heat, so the 6 year old tagging along on my walk would be more unpleasant than I can imagine.

All this not-walking would be a set back but I'm happy I got in the strength session, I'll definitely keep that up to see results and improvement! Also, it was most likely some postpartum bleeding I experienced the other day, so taking an extra day off probably wasn't a bad idea.

Now my plan this evening is to jot down the strength moves I did/plan to do a couple times this week, and to look at my schedule ahead of time to schedule my walks in!

Also I calculated my new, frightening BMI to try and get a good idea of my needed calorie intake. I can do the math really easily- but I'm still kind of lost about calculating my calorie intake when allowing for breastfeeding!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katherinemcp
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM
So I did end up waiting a few more days, and did my first 'real' strength and toning session today- arm weights, squats, planks, mountain climbers...

The planks were so hard! But I'm glad I did it, I got through, and I'll definitely make sure I keep it up! Thanks for the encouragement! (:

Quoting ASPENOPS:

Start TODAY! 

Just go easy and listen to your body while also pushing it's boundaries.

Quoting katherinemcp:

...I'm planning on starting back next week with a basic routine....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katherinemcp
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM
A week has zoomed by. I am still holding steady at 189 but I really only got out for two walks this week. ): This week ended up being busy and not well planned out, and I felt a little drained. Today was a new day though and I was up at 5 with the baby, walked the hilly route, and did a good strength/toning session full of squats and planks with nice variations, mountain climbers, etc. Whew!!! I sure felt it today! It was really great to push myself a little harder, I've needed a challenge! Tomorrow I am definitely going to feel those squats, though. Lol!

My goals this week are: start keeping a food journal, determine my longer term fitness goal to aim towards (ie walk a 1/2 marathon? Run a 10 k in the spring?), drink tons of water, cut down on coffee creamer (ongoing goal, ugh) and other processed foods, walk 4 more times including 2 double hilly routes (to make 5 walks this week), and two more strength/toning sessions. Whew!! I think I can do it! I think I can do it! I think I...need an advil. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katherinemcp
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Ok. About two weeks of totally sucking. No workouts, eating a little bit too much....ugh. I need help. Yikes. Sometimes it feels like I will never lose the weight. ):
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)