Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Motivation to exercise??

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
Lost 10.5 pounds in a month. Very motivated on eating healthy. Not so much exercise. I have the time, have a treadmill, hand weights, and a weight machine. Just have no motivation. After 20 min I can't stay motivated to stay on longer. Use weights and do squats and crunches 1 or 2 times a week. Would like to be motivated to be on the treadmill 30 min 5 days a week and weights every other day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheBookSiren
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM
My motivation is I joined a 5k thats in 9weeks, and paid a nonrefundable payment. So nowI HAVE to train. I mean I guess Im always motivated but its never enough, this gave me the kick in the bum I needed to get going.
It's not just any 5k either its one that's in my interest and makes me excited to want to do it. A nice short attainable goal that excites me and makes me happy to workout. :)
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM
My motivation is to lose as much as I can before Hawaii July 22. Still can't get that motivated. I know I have to because I have 70lbs to lose total. I have to keep exercising and make a lifestyle change. I am 52.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akmaldo
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Have you thought about DVD workouts to do daily plus adding in the treadmill and/or weights?! I use workout DVDs for my main exercise and then do free weights and my treadmill as well!
rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you're bored. Try to find something that keeps your interest! I tried working out at home, both alone and with DVDs, and it just didn't work for me. I joined a gym, workout with a friend a couple days a week, and I'm happy with my workouts (I take classes rather than use the machines and stuff).

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Something that helps me from becoming bored while working out on machines is to listen to music and do HIIT. I will usually do a 3-5 minute warm up and then 15-20 minutes of HIIT where I go as hard as I can for 30seconds and then take it easy for 30 seconds (repeat). For those 20 minutes I am so busy watching the clock to make sure I am staying on track that the time flies by.

Good luck staying motivated!

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I do listen to music, either my ipod or Pandora on the computer. 

Quoting ballerina18:

Something that helps me from becoming bored while working out on machines is to listen to music and do HIIT. I will usually do a 3-5 minute warm up and then 15-20 minutes of HIIT where I go as hard as I can for 30seconds and then take it easy for 30 seconds (repeat). For those 20 minutes I am so busy watching the clock to make sure I am staying on track that the time flies by.

Good luck staying motivated!

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Today I did get on the treadmill for 15 minutes.  That is all I have.  I have to get going and get to the airport to pick up my dd.  Somethings better than nothing and a couple weeks ago I would have said forget it and wouldn't do anything.  Later in front of the tv I will do some squats and crunches and hand weights. 

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM

so make it  a goal- treamill so many min a day or so many min a week...or whatever.  That's what I did at first, when I started it was work out for at least 15 min EVERY day, and after a week it was 20 and so on...I just upped it from there.  Once I had a streak of a few days going, I wanted to KEEP it going!

Also, I watch tv when I'm on the treadmill...I jsut find a cool movie or something

MBrown1213
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Hi I am a Beach Body Coach and the first 2 below are my beach body websites and the other is my Facebook accountability group. In our accountability group we post motivational quotes, our workouts, and healthy meals. If you have any questions about Beach Body Programs, Shakeology, or my accountability group please feel to inbox me. The page is open so you can just like it.

• http://beachbodycoach.com/MBrown1213
  • http://myshakeology.com/MBrown1213
  • https://www.facebook.com/MomsOnAMissionToGetHealthy?bookmark_t=page

MBrown1213
    by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I found running on a treadmill and programs from the stores boring plus Ididn't feel that I lost enough weight. Doing Beach Body Programs my first month I lost 15 pounds and 25.5 inches all over my body. I have a before and after picture posted on my website. I went from a size 18 in pants to a size 11/12 and went from an e-large being almost to tight to a large being big on me in just one month. But I followed my plan and didn't give up.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN