Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Is this okay?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband is trying to lose his stomach. He is very fit, works out all the time, eats right, just has a stomach which is harder to get rid of. He is only eating 100 carbs a day. It seems to be working, but is that okay to do? I understand eating low carbs, but that just seems like so little. Maybe it is because I do not know much about this stuff. He told me I should do the same, What are your thoughts on this? Also, if you are counting calories and eating the correct amount for losing weight, you should lose some pounds without exercising correct? Obviously I know exercise is important and would help it go faster, but for example if I ate my BMR every day I should lose weight right? I am getting so discouraged with this stuff!

Angela mama to..

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I've never done the low-carb thing.... hopefully somebody has some insight

ASPENOPS
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM
It's the only way to do it! How much weight is he trying to lose? He needs to be lifting hard along with some cardio and eating a massive amout of protein each day also.

angchick
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM

He is not really trying to lose weight, just his stomach. He is really fit, but he just has some stomach to lose. He works out all the time. I am just wondering if this is something I should do too. I know numbers and such is not a one size fits all. It is just over whelmng for me!

Quoting ASPENOPS:

It's the only way to do it! How much weight is he trying to lose? He needs to be lifting hard along with some cardio and eating a massive amout of protein each day also.

Angela mama to..

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I don't necessarily eat "low carb" but I've cut out 99% of bread and pasta. It's helped a lot. I do still eat a slice or two of bread every day or every other day, but that's about it. I focus more on what's healthy for me to eat (fruits, veggies, protein) and go from there.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:53 AM

What kinds of workouts does he do?  That's not super low carb, and if it's working for him and it's something he can stick with, then great.  But he also needs to keep in mind that if he wants the RESULTS to stick, he'll have to stick with the changes as well (hopefully he already knows this!).  What kinds of foods is he eating?  Are his fats healthy, or is he loading up on bacon and bologna?  The kinds of foods he eats are really important.

I've cut down on my carbs, and it's making a difference in my weight.  I wouldn't say I'm doing a low carb thing by any means (especially as a distance runner!), but monitoring and limiting my carbs seems to be helping.  I have already reduced my refined carbs a lot, so the carbs I do take in are healthy, which makes a difference.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN