Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deborah's weigh-in

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 14 Replies

190.4 lbs :( I've still been walking,I went 4 das\ys last week. I've been doing exercises throughout the past week also, atleast 3 of those days. I've been drinking atleast 16.9 oz of h2o/day.I went grocery shopping today and bought plenty of fresh fruits and frozen veggies,frozen & reg. yogurt,water,among other things,chicken cuts,grnd beef,eggs,cheese,2% milk. I've cut dwn on fried foods till nearly 1 or 2 times a week. I have got to come up with a strategy. Someone told me I should focus more on walking/running to lose the weight first and then do the strength exercises. I've been trying to do both.

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM
You'll get there. It can be rough at times, but you can do it.

Although you should be drinking more water. I think now they say half your weight in ounces per day.
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM

IMO doing strength training is very important.  I'd keep doing both. :)

do you track calories? I love myfitnesspal.com. Good luck!

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. More water for sure! I'd be a wreck on that little! I have 16oz in before I leave the house in the am! Keep a bottle with you and fill if up often. Have someone here calculate your bmr and track your calories.

While cardio burns more calories while you're working out, muscle takes more calories to maintain so you get to eat more to fuel your body while weighing less! So I would definitely do both! I'm horrible at incorporating strength, though and need to get better! Right now I'm only at 1-2 days/week. I should be closer to 5.
wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Walking is good....up your pace and distance every few days for maximum benefit...add strength training 3-4 days a week as well. Is 16.9 ounces of water what you meant to type??? I have that much before 9am....and go onto drinking 8-9 glasses a day. If you need to fry foods, fry in olive oil (a healthy fat). Ground beef should be lean or extra lean and kept to 1-2 times a week (some people would say never). Cheese is okay in moderation...is has fat and a ton of sodium. 2% milk....try and cut back to 1% or even skim....there is a difference so mix half and half if you need to to adjust. Frozen yogurt should be a treat and watch the portion size....it will be tiny. Try and have a veggie with every meal and both fruits and veggies with snacks.

she-ra2000
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM

That's like drinking 5 1/2 16.9oz bottles a day.  don't even get that thirsty. I even cut out the kool-aid, I might have about 4-6 oz once or twice a week. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Quoting Noni2319:

Although you should be drinking more water. I think now they say half your weight in ounces per day.

she-ra2000
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I do go on mfp,atleast several days a wk. My phone doesn't support apps. I'v ealready had my BMR done on here. it's on an old post from Suzanne. I think I will keep trying to do cardio and strength. Plus strength is def. something I can do in the house when it's raining. My husband just told me about the cheese,lol, he thought 1 of our girls was eating all of it. I told him I was actually eating some too cause it has calcium, and is healthy.So, I'll cut back on the cheese.It's hard but I'm going to try to increase my h2o intake to 5 (16.9oz) bottles a day now. I guess that can be my short term goal for the week.

ProudMommy51006
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting she-ra2000:

Yes, you need to be drinking that much. No koolaide at all. Just water. It's not really about being thirsty as flushing you out. And the more you drink, the more satisfied you are and the less bad food you eat, because you're not "hungry" all the time. :) keep at it
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Your welcome.

And yes, it's a lot of water, but that is what you should be drinking. It's hard at first to get used to drinking that much, but once you do, it's good.

Quoting she-ra2000:

That's like drinking 5 1/2 16.9oz bottles a day.  don't even get that thirsty. I even cut out the kool-aid, I might have about 4-6 oz once or twice a week. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Quoting Noni2319:

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM

You need to drink like 80oz of water, and the fried foods need to go. Up your workout intensity. 

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Quoting she-ra2000:

I do go on mfp,atleast several days a wk. My phone doesn't support apps. I'v ealready had my BMR done on here. it's on an old post from Suzanne. I think I will keep trying to do cardio and strength. Plus strength is def. something I can do in the house when it's raining. My husband just told me about the cheese,lol, he thought 1 of our girls was eating all of it. I told him I was actually eating some too cause it has calcium, and is healthy.So, I'll cut back on the cheese.It's hard but I'm going to try to increase my h2o intake to 5 (16.9oz) bottles a day now. I guess that can be my short term goal for the week.

Try to do MFP every day. I have to log onto the computer to do it but it's worth i! <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)