Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Losing weight/lack thereof

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

hello all. just joined the group. I have 4 children. 8,5,3,5mo. i have been heavy most of my life or at least what i consider heavy (218 5'8)but i was at my heaviest with my last child.(235) i am still trying to lose the baby weight and its not coming off. im only 1lb under what i started at 5wks preg. i walk anywhere from 1-4 miles a day, stairs 10-20 min a day. portion control, guzzle water, cut out soda, monsters and coffee. i do have cheat days but i limit them to 1 a week so i try to think of the events going on that week and plan what day it will be. i weigh every morning and get bummed out if i dont see any results after my hard work. i have breakfast (a bowl of cereal) then veggi for a snack, shake for lunch, nother veggi snack and a shake for dinner then i dont have nything except water past 7pm. i dont really notice a difference in my cloths at all. any advice?

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
3Xthelove
by Heather on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like you need to eat food. Cut out the shakes and get some healthy options, including protein. Good luck!
mckinneymom918
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Make sure you're eating all your calories. Track it.
kaycersmom
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

what kind of shakes are they? Do you get protein from the shakes? I agree with others I would probably cut out at least one shake and have a regular dinner. I like your 7pm rule, that's something I need to do!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM

my guess is that you don't eat enough- too many shakes.  

is the walking REALLY walking or just counting how much you walk all together in a day doing normal stuff?

Also, don't weigh in every day or even every other day- do it only once or twice a week, and when the scale doesn't move or goes up a bit- use that as a fire under your butt to keep going and show the scale who's boss!

housewifehell
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I always suggest cutting out the chemicals in "foods" if you read the lable and cannot pronounce something or have no idea what it is then its not food and in my experience that is a huge part of the lack of weight loss issue. 

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I 100% agree w/ housewifehell.

We really try to shop the perimeter of the aisle at the grocery store where all the fresh produce, seafood, breads ect.. are located. I try really hard to avoid the center aisles with all of the processed foods.

Also, OP when you are working out are you giving it your best effort? Are you getting your heart rate up when you are walking or climbing stairs? Are you breaking a sweat? I think it's really important to challenge your body when working out.

One last thing. I would get bummed out too if I was checking the scale that much too! I weight myself once a week to once every 2 weeks! That way I know what I am seeing is actual fat loss and not water loss.

Good luck, OP. This group is filled with motivated ladies with great tips!

Quoting housewifehell:

I always suggest cutting out the chemicals in "foods" if you read the lable and cannot pronounce something or have no idea what it is then its not food and in my experience that is a huge part of the lack of weight loss issue. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Welcome!

I agree with these guys.  Ditch the shakes- you're likely not getting NEARLY enough calories.  I don't know if you're breastfeeding, but if you are, you'll REALLY need to increase your calories.

If you'd like, we can calculate how many calories you need each day to get you an idea of how much you should be eating.  From there, focusing on real foods is really important.  I have a journal about eating clean, click here

What are you doing for exercise, is it the walking, or is there more?  Strength training is really important, too.  Make sure you work your whole body.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

rdnkwskygrl
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM

hey there yup i walk. i put the kids in the stroller and im out the door. try to get two solid walks in a day. sometimes just get one but i know anything helps. if the kids are restless to go to far i walk the courtyard at our apartment.

ill try not to weigh as much but when i do see the number the same or a lil up or down i still keep goin. thanks for the advice 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

my guess is that you don't eat enough- too many shakes.  

is the walking REALLY walking or just counting how much you walk all together in a day doing normal stuff?

Also, don't weigh in every day or even every other day- do it only once or twice a week, and when the scale doesn't move or goes up a bit- use that as a fire under your butt to keep going and show the scale who's boss!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN