Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Sort of OT - Kinesiology

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone studied it or been to a kinesiologist?

I've been searching for non-medicated/non-surgical relief from severe shoulder pain/loss of motion since early this spring, and I saw a kinesiologist yesterday.  I had immediate results...not a full return of complete range of motion, but definite improvement.  Last night was the first night I slept without pain in my whole upper back/shoulders/neck in several months!  He also found a small problem in one of my hips that was causing my leg to not move forward correctly, and my hamstring muscles weren't getting proper signals either, so that just made my body work harder to run (and run improperly)....and here I thought it was just my age creeping up on me! 

I'm not 100%, but I sure feel GREAT this morning!

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM
What are they? Is it like a chiropractor?
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Quoting livndaybyday:

What are they? Is it like a chiropractor?

They can be....they have to be some sort of medical professional is what I was told.  The man I saw studied chiropractic before he studied kinesiology.  Most of his treatment of me was a series of joint/muscle movements, sharp taps in various areas of joints/muscles, massage, and resistance exercises.  I did have 3 vertebrae in my neck and 2 in my upper back out of alignment, and one of the ends of my ribs in my back was misaligned.  He used chiropractic techniques to realign those.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Yay!  I find kinesiology fascinating (but then, the body and nutrition and non-pharmaceutical measures of handling health are my thing!).  I have a couple of friends who have pursued it and love it.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I got a degree in kinesiology but it was a teaching emphasis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN