Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im a Newbie Here

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi,

I have to lose 120 lbs.  I have been told by 3 diff Drs that I am borderline diabetic.  One Dr was a dermatologist and said i have thickening of the skin in my "folds" and that is a huge indicator of pre-diabetes.   My problem is that i used to be quite thin.   My MIL said to me when she first met me, "Some people live to eat, and others eat to live.  You eat to live. You dont enjoy your food."   I had food allergies, and i felt already borderline diabetic back then, i had had a bad reaction to anesthesia and my body could not process anything.  i was getting colonics, etc.   Finally a Dr told me to get married and get pregnant and it would help turn my body around.  he was right.  i am wondering how hormones play a role in everything b/c my middle dd has horrrible food intlerances and i think candida issues.   She seem borderline as well. 

Anyways, after i had my 3rd child i commented at the Drs ofc that I am ravenous.  I love to eat and its been no-holds bar and i now have two of me stuffed into this body.  I have no will power to restrict myself b/c its like i  have gotten to eat so many more things and food is enjoyable.    i had a growth on my thyroid but the Dr said it was benign and left it there.   I cannot believe how out of control and slovenly i feel.  I used to pride myself on the self-control i had with my diet.   I cant imagine what is wrong with me. 

Any tips or advice are welcome....

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Stefanie83
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group.  I have had great success with tracking food/calories using myfitnesspal.com and the app.  Good luck

Noni2319
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Welcome to the group!
cad1972
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Go to the REALDOSE website and watch the video and see if it applies to you... I happened to find the website searching for something else anyway it is a all natural herbal combination developed from Dr's. It is a bit pricey, I did tons of research and review site and I did not find one negative thing about it... I ordered it thinkin if I could just have something help me get a jump start, I want to loose 60-80 pounds. Also it has a 12mo money back guarantee!!! It is supposed to help if you have hormones off balance b/c that can cause weight gain. I took it for and after 1 week had a noticeable appetite suppressant. I have to admit I took for 3weeks straight then stopped after I felt I had myself under control and breaking bad habit. I really want to do this on my own w/o a pill and I really want to change habits and make a lifestyle change! BTW they tast nasty LOL you take 30 min with water before a meal, now I just drink a big glass of water before I eat and it works just fine. I do feel like it gave me the boost I needed but like I said I feel like I have a pretty good handle on my diet now, I still have craving and I allow myself to have a bit of something but know that I'm logging calories and dont want to go over my daily allotment or mess up my workouts!! There is also Amberen for woman, I heard of it on radio but already ordered RealDose! Good Luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)