Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today's workout :)

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
Today was the first day of my new strength routine. I used dumb bells today, but may also use the barbells sometimes.
Warm up
3 sets of 15 reps:
Shoulders- overhead press (15 lbs)
Butt/hamstrings- dead lifts (25 lbs)
Biceps- curls (15 lbs)
Chest- presses (15 lbs)
Legs- squats (15 lbs)
Triceps- skull crushers (10 lbs)
Back- bent over rows (25 lbs)
Legs- lunges (15 lbs)
Whole song:
Abs- crunches w weight on chest
leg raises
foot taps
Stretch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MamaJessx3
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Awesome Les! But I see your muscles and I know you can do more weight that that for some of those things! Definitely use the bar for deadlifts and overhead presses. With all the running you do you could probably do a lot for deadlifts! My max is like 200#, and during workouts I do at least 125. All thanks to running :)
Lesgerm
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I know I noticed that my muscles weren't that fatigued afterwards with some of those exercises. I kept upping the weights. I have to play with it a bit to get a good fit :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM
You want it to be tough! You should be able to do 5-10 at a time but it should be challenging. If its not, then it's too light! That's what they tell us at CrossFit at least lol

Quoting Lesgerm:

I know I noticed that my muscles weren't that fatigued afterwards with some of those exercises. I kept upping the weights. I have to play with it a bit to get a good fit :)
Lesgerm
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM
My next workout will be harder I promise!!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

You want it to be tough! You should be able to do 5-10 at a time but it should be challenging. If its not, then it's too light! That's what they tell us at CrossFit at least lol

Quoting Lesgerm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)