Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pass the salt please????

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 23 Replies

Does anyone else seem to use more salt since they started eating healthy?

I never put salt on anything before but now it seems like I add it to everything since I started eating healthy. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas to fix it? High blood pressure runs in my family so I am very nervous about all of the salt I seem to be using lately.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3Xthelove
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
No. I never add salt to anything.
MamaJessx3
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM
No, I actually add less salt to things, and the only things I add salt to are really recipes I already used in the past that called for it.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I never add salt to stuff (other than season salt-and I try to use very little or get the stuff that doesn't have salt in it)

I am NOT a salt fan- I will ask fast food places to give me my fires without salt and don't even salt my eggs

Noni2319
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Ive always used very little salt. I use even less now.
Noni2319
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Is putting salt on eggs common? I've never seen any one do that.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I never add salt to stuff (other than season salt-and I try to use very little or get the stuff that doesn't have salt in it)

I am NOT a salt fan- I will ask fast food places to give me my fires without salt and don't even salt my eggs

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Quoting Noni2319:

Is putting salt on eggs common? I've never seen any one do that.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I thought it was really common... isn't it?

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I use other spices on my food instead. Curry, chili powder, oregano, basil, etc.
Lesgerm
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I have never used salt. The only reason we even have salt is for my parents when they visit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I use WAY less salt than I used to. I also only use Hawaiian sea salt when I do need salt. It's healthier than the iodized crap they sell at the store.

Sister_Someone
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I've always added salt to everything, healthy or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)