Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Mini Rant

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 24 Replies

So early 2012 I was 180lbs and I hated it. Some of my friends tried to tell me that I wasn't fat. However I'm 5'1" and that is obese according to my BMI. Anyhow fast forward to now, I'm 158 (160 depending on when I weigh lol) and now my same friends are telling me that I am too skinny!!! WHAT?!!? I've finally gotten from obese to overweight BMI wise and I still have more to go. Why are some people so negative?!  This is why I like this group, you guys are so positive.

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamato4brats
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss. I'm 5' and was 190....now 183. Keep up the good work! I would love to see pics  of your progress!!!

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Thanks! Congrats on your weight loss as well. All of my progress pics are of me naked...lol so I'm positive you don't want to see those!

Quoting Mamato4brats:

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss. I'm 5' and was 190....now 183. Keep up the good work! I would love to see pics  of your progress!!!

Mamato4brats
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Lol! Yeah, I'll pass. That is awesome though, and it inspires me not to give up.

kristynej
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Awesome job! I'm also 5'1". I started at 202 and am down to 187. What is your goal weight? Mine is 130 but its so close to the overweight BMI that I wonder if it shouldn't be less.
Ps, I think you're inspiring.
akmaldo
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

It's because they're jealous..

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww I think everyone on this group is inspiring! My goal weight is also 130! We can be inspiration buddies!

Quoting kristynej:

Awesome job! I'm also 5'1". I started at 202 and am down to 187. What is your goal weight? Mine is 130 but its so close to the overweight BMI that I wonder if it shouldn't be less.

mckinneymom918
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
My mom is 5', she stopped at 130, she could lose more I think, but she's 53 and feels good about 130.

Quoting kristynej:

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I know right! Haters! lol

Quoting akmaldo:

It's because they're jealous..

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM

This first pic is the one that inspired the "you're too skinny" remarks. The second one was taken in Dec 2011 I really don't see that much of a difference, except that my baby is growing up!! lol I certainly don't think I'm "skinny"

Quoting Mamato4brats:

Lol! Yeah, I'll pass. That is awesome though, and it inspires me not to give up.

Crashmonster1
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I think you look fabulous.  Sometimes people freakout because they dont know if your depriving yourself and they dont want you to literally waste away (all to often women take drastic measures to lose weight) however if your doing it healthy and your making yourself better not just looking better but feeling better dont worry about what anyone has to say.......Do the work reap the rewards Congrats on your successes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN