Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

eating at low end but...

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm eating at the low end of my range most days, have had no cheat days or meals in at least 2-3 weeks straight and scale is being stubborn! *I mean I have not gone overboard anywhere-though I still eat some junk   

I think I'm taking today as a cheat day- for some reason when I have one, and wait 3-4 days after before weighing, it goes down for me!  Not sure why that is...but I think I'm going to give it a shot since I've only gone down 1.5 lbs in the last 3-4 weeks

I mean one day won't hurt much anyhow, even if it doesn't help right?

*I'll probably keep the cals low until dinner- but I WILL be having a decent slice of banana cream pie tonight! 

*I am 1.5 lbs from hitting 65 lost - and  a half a lb. from hitting my 2nd major goal of getting down to 175 -I'm SO close.  I was hping to hit 175 even this morning since I was 175.5 4 days ago...but it stayed the same (at least it didn't go up -that's good)

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Are you eating enough. Sometimes the intake is too low.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

Are you eating enough. Sometimes the intake is too low.

Yeah I was wondering that too...but raising it for more than about 2 days in a row is SO hard to convince yourself to do-you know?  I do raise it to the high end on days that I zumba more than once

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I would try raising it, even by 100 calories.  I can't eat as little as my BMR, or I WILL go into starvation mode, because I burn more than that in at least a couple of my weekly workouts, especially now with marathon training.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I know I had months like that too. So frustrating! Look into "refeeding". It's not something I ever did but it seems there's some research behind it. Well I did eat well over occasionally for holidays and vacations

http://www.jcdfitness.com/2010/06/the-preemptive-refeed/
she-ra2000
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM

You're doing good being that you've lost that much already. I can't seem to lose any, but keep going back and forth 190-185lbs. I'm drinking more water, walking 30/min/day 3-5 days a week, and watching what I eat mostly. I think I might have to recalculate my BMR too cause I keep going over my cals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)