Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Frustrated...

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

Finally I broke through my plateau, I was at 220 for several weeks!! Then finally after hard work I weighed and I was 216 that was just a week ago. I step on scale every other day to make sure I am not slipping. I've been doing really good with my food choices. I've been working out (walking and taking hip hop/zumba class), I do this 3-4x a week. Well I step on scale today and I am back to 220!!! GEEZE!!! How can this be??? 

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KarieYeckDaniel
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all you need to take in the fact that muscle weighs more then fat.  Don't judge your success just by the scale.  You should take before photos, and measurements every month.  You will be shocked at the results.  Also, are you eating enough calories.  A lot of moms think that if they skip a meal or eat super tiny meals they will lose wieght.  FALSE!!! This puts your body into starvation mode.  How many calories are you eating?? Be honest?  Also, water intake is HUGE!  How much water are you drinking?????

Karie

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It could be normal fluctuations.  My weight can fluctuate by several pounds from one day to the next.  Try not to stress too much!  Are you eating enough?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

water weight, salt or sugar intake...any number of things.

Water intake is so very important.  My body loves me if I drink 80 oz. a day.  Any less and I start gaining water weight/become less regular.

If I eat anything sweet (salt doesn't bother my body), I'll bloat. 

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you eating and drinking enough?

cad1972
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I drink LOTS of water, only water, except 2% milk in morning but not even every morning, I drink at least 72-960z of water a day. I have a 24oz tumbler I fill 3-4 times a day. I keep track off all my foods, I use an app o my phone, 1600 a day, then I had my BMR done and was calculated to do 1700 a day and that is when I broke my plateau. I do know that muscle weighs more but I need to loose more weight, I want to loose a total of 80lbs. I need to get my BMI down, we are TTC. I will measure myself, its been a month since I measured. I will say that my clothes still are fitting loose that is what is confusing... LOL

cad1972
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Since you did my BMR I did go from 1600cal a day to 1700... That is when I broke my plateau... I am about to start my period in a week but wouldnt think that I would be retaining fluid this soon...? LOL

cad1972
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Yes drinking 72-96oz a day of water and 1700cal a day since I had my BMR done

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

mine goes down up down down up down...has since I started. Wait about a week before checking again and do what you are doing otherwise. My guess is that it wil drop again and that will STAY off

try not to get on the scale so much- it can make you crazy ;)

she-ra2000
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

my weight fluctuates too. I go between 185-190 lbs. I'm really trying to get out of the 180s, that would really make a difference in my mind. Then I can get excited about it :)

KarieYeckDaniel
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM

We should chat about your work outs!  When you walk do you walk briskly?  Have you thought of toning with weights?  As Tony Horton creater of P90X would say... Muscle Confusion is KEY.  Make sure to mix up your work outs!  PUSH YOURSELF! 

:)  Hope you had an amazing 4th of July!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN