Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Holidays kill me

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 15 Replies
So ladies I just wanna see if anyone out there has been in the same boat and if so how did you lose the weight. After a very heavy meal at my parents house to celebrate the 4th I realized how much I wanna get this last bit of weight off and learn how to stop stuffing my face . I am 21 years old 5'3 and 145 lbs. we decided this past week to get my iud out and ttc baby #2 . Well My doctor wants me to wait at least for 4 regular cycles before ttc which gives me plenty of time to get my butt in gear. I gained almost 70 lbs with my son and Let myself get completely out of control. This time I want to go into it feeling great and healthy an keeping up with my soon to be toddler. My goal is between 25-30 lbs. anyone else lost weight before ttc? How'd you do it!
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I didn't lose my weight to TTC- it was after DS was born, but I totally understand what you mean about holidays.  I tend to plan ahead for things- like yesterday I ate light because I knew we were having a family BBQ in the evening.  When we go to my SIL's for holidays, I know she will be making a ton of REALLY tasty stuff that is SO NOT clean-eating-friendly!  LOL  But I eat light for the rest of the day (or weekend), and stay on track with my workouts, and it's not a big deal that way.  I don't stress, because I DO allow for things like that, so I don't beat myself up when it happens.  So far it's working- I've lost 110 lbs (I had gained back 15 of what I'd originally lost, but I'm almost back to where I got down to).  I have a journal about my journey if you care to read it (click here).

Good luck TTC!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

19andmomtobe
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
110! That's incredible. Congratulations! And yeah my biggest issue is really my own cooking. I love cooking and baking so I make huge meals that just aren't necessary. I just wanna feel good this next pregnancy

Quoting musicpisces:

I didn't lose my weight to TTC- it was after DS was born, but I totally understand what you mean about holidays.  I tend to plan ahead for things- like yesterday I ate light because I knew we were having a family BBQ in the evening.  When we go to my SIL's for holidays, I know she will be making a ton of REALLY tasty stuff that is SO NOT clean-eating-friendly!  LOL  But I eat light for the rest of the day (or weekend), and stay on track with my workouts, and it's not a big deal that way.  I don't stress, because I DO allow for things like that, so I don't beat myself up when it happens.  So far it's working- I've lost 110 lbs (I had gained back 15 of what I'd originally lost, but I'm almost back to where I got down to).  I have a journal about my journey if you care to read it (click here).

Good luck TTC!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I hear that!  I love to cook!  I did a lot of baking before, and I had to just grin and bear it that I couldn't anymore.  But I cook everything from scratch, so that part was easy, I just had to work on what I'm cooking and how.  You can still make big meals, but save leftovers.  I freeze individual servings for later use.  This is great for me, since I'm in school and I need easy stuff I can take and heat up.

Quoting 19andmomtobe:

110! That's incredible. Congratulations! And yeah my biggest issue is really my own cooking. I love cooking and baking so I make huge meals that just aren't necessary. I just wanna feel good this next pregnancy

Quoting musicpisces:

Good luck TTC!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mckinneymom918
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Hey just wondering why your doc wants you to wait 4 whole cycles before ttc? The first cycle after removal is rumored to be more fertile. I got pregnant after having my iud removed, before I had a period (ETA: removal on nov 28, positive preg test dec 22, yeah it was wild!). I have a very healthy 10 month old baby girl.

Oh and I bet you lose 10lb this week. I lost 10 immediately after having it removed.
19andmomtobe
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Because I never had a period while on my iud he said that my uterus was no where near ready to carry a baby. Also I think I wanna give my own body a rest after having a foreign object inside me. Ill never ge mirena again that's for sure. It's given me all sorts of trouble. And wow I hope I lose some weight immediately like that. Congrats on your little one :)

Quoting mckinneymom918:

Hey just wondering why your doc wants you to wait 4 whole cycles before ttc? The first cycle after removal is rumored to be more fertile. I got pregnant after having my iud removed, before I had a period (ETA: removal on nov 28, positive preg test dec 22, yeah it was wild!). I have a very healthy 10 month old baby girl.

Oh and I bet you lose 10lb this week. I lost 10 immediately after having it removed.

mckinneymom918
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Yeah I won't either. Well I got my tubes tied last month so I don't need it. So if you want to wait, you'll have to be extra extra careful- we were not actively trying with her, hadn't planned to start trying until the first of the year after I figured out what my cycles would be after removal- I was getting discouraged because I wasn't ovulating!! Ha! We had sex literally twice- two days in a row a few days after removal. When they say fertility returns immediately, they're not joking!

I did feel implantation more than my older 2, I'm supposing because my uterus was thinner.

Good luck!

Quoting 19andmomtobe:

Because I never had a period while on my iud he said that my uterus was no where near ready to carry a baby. Also I think I wanna give my own body a rest after having a foreign object inside me. Ill never ge mirena again that's for sure. It's given me all sorts of trouble. And wow I hope I lose some weight immediately like that. Congrats on your little one :)

Quoting mckinneymom918:

TheJs
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I bet you lose at least 10 pretty quick after you get it out. Everyone i know that's had it has. I'm glad i got that thing out, never again.

Quoting 19andmomtobe:

Quoting mckinneymom918:

TheJs
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
lots of women are having m/cs when getting pregnant right after mirena too.

Quoting mckinneymom918:

Yeah I won't either. Well I got my tubes tied last month so I don't need it. So if you want to wait, you'll have to be extra extra careful- we were not actively trying with her, hadn't planned to start trying until the first of the year after I figured out what my cycles would be after removal- I was getting discouraged because I wasn't ovulating!! Ha! We had sex literally twice- two days in a row a few days after removal. When they say fertility returns immediately, they're not joking!

I did feel implantation more than my older 2, I'm supposing because my uterus was thinner.

Good luck!

Quoting 19andmomtobe:

Quoting mckinneymom918:

mckinneymom918
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I read that, my midwife said it increases your risk like 2% than otherwise. It's hard to prove tho, because the pregnancy may have been miscarried anyway.

Quoting TheJs:

Quoting mckinneymom918:

Good luck!

Quoting 19andmomtobe:

Quoting mckinneymom918:

TheJs
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM
happened to me and a friend of mine too. we both got pregnant immediately after having it removed and both had a m/c.

Quoting mckinneymom918:

I read that, my midwife said it increases your risk like 2% than otherwise. It's hard to prove tho, because the pregnancy may have been miscarried anyway.

Quoting TheJs:

Quoting mckinneymom918:

Good luck!

Quoting 19andmomtobe:

Quoting mckinneymom918:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)