Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 31 Replies

I am 5' ad currently 183. I started at 190. I am eating roughly 1400 calories a day. I reduced my carbs, do not eat any processed carbs (white rice, white bread etc.) I am using fitness pal to track my calories and watch my sugar etc. I a eating plenty of fiber and protein, lots of fresh vegetables and fruit. I exercise daily for 45 minutes or more. I don't seem to be losing very much weight though, I am getting very discouraged. I completely cut out sugars, most dairy and no longer drink soda or other calorie full and sweet drinks. I drink a gallon to a gallon and a half most days (sometimes more) I eat several small, balanced healthy meals a day, and snack on healthy snacks. What am I doing wrong? Why am I not losing more weight?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM
3 moms liked this

You didn't put it on overnight, you're not going to lose it overnight ;) Give it time sweetie. Also measure chest, waist, hips, etc. You may be losing inches more than the fat right now also, so keep that in mind!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Doesn't sound like you're eating enough.  Can we calculate your BMR for you to give you a healthy calorie range?  We just need your age and whether or not you're breastfeeding.

Otherwise, you sound like you're doing the food right.  What do your workouts look like?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I can almost guarantee that you are eating too little. You say you are using MFP, so let me ask you a question. Are you eating back the calories that MFP gives you after exercise? If not, and you are using their numbers, you are eating way too little. I can do your BMR, but I need your age, whether you are breastfeeding and what kind of workouts you are doing. 

I would be interested in seeing a full day's menu for you as well. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Also, how long have you been at it?

Suzanne

heart-n-dixie
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Are u suppose to eat back ur exercise calories if u are not using the mfp numbers?

Quoting mcginnisc:

I can almost guarantee that you are eating too little. You say you are using MFP, so let me ask you a question. Are you eating back the calories that MFP gives you after exercise? If not, and you are using their numbers, you are eating way too little. I can do your BMR, but I need your age, whether you are breastfeeding and what kind of workouts you are doing. 

rosiemarie
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:13 PM
You didn't say anything about exercise??
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Quoting heart-n-dixie:

Are u suppose to eat back ur exercise calories if u are not using the mfp numbers?

Quoting mcginnisc:

No. If you are using my numbers, eat within the range I gave you earlier today. I have already accounted for exercise, whereas MFP does not. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

malibucj
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Eat 4 or 5 small meals during the day. Exercise 4 or more days a week. Eat healthy and clean. Drink LOTS of water. Try to keep your calorie intake below 1200

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Below 1200 is dangerous!!  You need to eat at least your BMR to keep your body properly fueled!!

Quoting malibucj:

Eat 4 or 5 small meals during the day. Exercise 4 or more days a week. Eat healthy and clean. Drink LOTS of water. Try to keep your calorie intake below 1200

Suzanne

malibucj
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I've always been told to eat no more than 1200 to lose weight, by several successful dieticians/weight loss doctors. Always worked for me. 

Quoting musicpisces:

Below 1200 is dangerous!!  You need to eat at least your BMR to keep your body properly fueled!!

Quoting malibucj:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)