Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My son worked out with me today.

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

It was awesome! It has been raining like crazy here which has postponed my 30 hikes in 30 days challenge. = (  I needed to do something besides the treadmill so today we went indoor rock climbing. It was my first time and I loved it. Of course, I stuck to the beginner levels and my son was doing the advanced levels, lol. 

(I took this one right before he fell)

Do your children work out with you? Have you gone indoor rock climbing? If so, how did you like it?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Nice!  My carpal tunnel keeps me from climbing (though I do enjoy it!), but DS loves to join me for workouts whenever possible!

These were the day before yesterday out in our yard:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Awesome!
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:38 AM
That's awesome!!! My kids like to play Simon says exercise style lol. And we go hiking :)
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM

rock climbing looks kinda fun...I wonder if there is one of those around here...

TheJs
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
my best friend's sons workout with me sometimes, my kids are still little. when i was doing the 30 day shred they would do jumping jacks with me but lost interest soon after that. lol
TheBookSiren
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes! All 4 of them. My 10 year old loves to run so she runs and dances with us. Our 5 and 3yo boys like lifting with me and dh and our 5yo enjoys push ups, dips, and cardio workouts. Our 2yo little girl tried lifting but she mostly loves to Dance with her sister and I and they ALL love the elliptical. The youngest ones use it like a carnival ride while the older two actually use it. And all 6 of us do Insanity together. My 10yo has to be reminded to slow down or she makes herself sick.

With 4 of them it's nice to have something we can all do together that wears them all out haha.

We are starting hiking as a family next weekend.

Suffer The Pain Of Discipline.

Or Suffer The Pain Of Regret.

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM

dh surprised me with indoor rock climbing one year. it was great, except I ended up having a panic attack. i was able to climb up the wall, but to get down they wanted me to step off the platform and slide down a pole. and somehow that was just too much for me. so i went back down the way I came instead. we haven't really done it again but i appreciate that he tried lol 

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I have never tried it but I really don't have an interest in it (at least for now). I can sometimes convince my kids to come along with me but most often, I exercise alone which I really don't mind. I can go at my pace and don't mind the peace by myself!

Jenn77781
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM

It's always nice to have kids get involved with our workouts. :)

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Very cool!!!

I'd love to get my DS, who is 5, to workout with me but I always go hard and I'm afraid I'm going to kill him. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)