Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Questions to my weight loss Homies ;-)

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

I love coffee....I mean, I LOVE my coffee.  The only problem is the amount of sugar I put in it, it's quite a bit.  Well, I found a good substitute the only problem is it has a little aspartame(sp) in it.  Now not  not diet coke worthy, but it's in there. How bad is this stuff for you really? Compared to my 2 or 3 TBL spoons of sugar for each cup of coffee I have, which is 2.

The substitue is a Crystal Light packet.

toddler boyCameron bouncing momTrev & Gracie kissing dad

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MunchiesMom324
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I cut out sugar in my coffee... replaced it with stevia extract. I lost 25lbs since feb. I couldn't tell you about yours but good luck!
akmaldo
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:01 PM

It's really not good for you.. Put some agave nectar or other natural sweetener in it.. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I used Splenda for awhile, but I kept slowly cutting back. I would put in just enough to make it tolerable, then cut back again and again, and now I am FINALLY drinking black coffee!

Crystal Light is just not good stuff.  Lots of chemicals and additives that are best kept outside your body!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Mamato4brats
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Try truvia, I use it for baking, drinks and anything else I would use sugar in. It has no calories and no nasty after taste.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:49 AM
I would try agave nectar. I don't drink coffee though
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I did the same thing Suz did. I started out with Splenda and it didn't last for long as I started with very little to begin with... I've been drinking black coffee for a while now and prefer the full flavor of the coffee over it "doctored" now...( unless it is Starbucks and then we'll talk. LOL) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

itsm3
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

i put in the real thing.  that other junk is that:  junk.  i also eat regular butter, yogurt etc...i just don't eat a lot.  i prefer the real thing than the processed garbage that isn't good for you. 

just don't put as much sugar into it. or use regular honey.

Beauty91805
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I used real sugar but I have cut off coffee big time and have since drank decaf once in awhile. Regular coffee just triggers my IBS so it's a no go.

And I only had one cup a day when I did drink it.
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
IMO limited amounts of aspartame are not bad for you. I drink diet coke every day. I wouldnt drink 2 liters a day but based on the research I've done even that quantity wouldn't be harmful
TxMom2324
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I did a calorie check this morning with my coffee and I'm looking around 300 calories for 2 cups if not more. I did not put as much in as i normally would. *sigh* no coffee for me i guess.
I now wonder if that's why i didn't lose any weight last time!
Stupid coffee :-\
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)