Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need some advice

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 8 Replies
I recently joined a gym and DH and I started working out together, he is really great to workout with because he pushes me and he is a workout junky anyway...but I am having a problem with changing the way I eat...I do good for awhile then I finally give in to temptation! Changing the way I eat is the hardest part for me. How can I make it easier and stay on track? Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Are you trying to change everything overnight, or are you easing into changes?  Most people find that taking it one (or a few) step at a time is easier than going balls to the wall.  That was the hardest part for me, too.  But I got there!  You can do it!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

BabyRuca
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Mobile Photo

I tried diets & failed every one of them. It wasn't until I took the approach of not doing a diet, but slowly adjusting my everyday eating habits. Trying to be a good example for my ds is really important to me so that helps tremendously.

First thing I did was cut out sodas, limiting myself to water with a couple glasses of v8 a day. Then making sure my plates were filled with more veggies and/or fruits than anything else. I didn't eat less at all. In fact I ate more. Then I cut out processed foods, no more canned veggies either, just eat in basically the same foods only this way I knew what was in them.

I also understand that we all have our days we don't do so well. So I don't beat myself up over a slip up ever! Just move on, and get back into it!
momkaribg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM
How did you deal with sugar cravings? I am constantly craving something sweet.

Quoting BabyRuca:

Mobile Photo

I tried diets & failed every one of them. It wasn't until I took the approach of not doing a diet, but slowly adjusting my everyday eating habits. Trying to be a good example for my ds is really important to me so that helps tremendously.

First thing I did was cut out sodas, limiting myself to water with a couple glasses of v8 a day. Then making sure my plates were filled with more veggies and/or fruits than anything else. I didn't eat less at all. In fact I ate more. Then I cut out processed foods, no more canned veggies either, just eat in basically the same foods only this way I knew what was in them.

I also understand that we all have our days we don't do so well. So I don't beat myself up over a slip up ever! Just move on, and get back into it!
BabyRuca
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM
I usually have pb&j sandwiches, the jelly has the sweet sometimes I might even add a little bit of honey to make it sweeter. Fruits are great, I will add a sprinkle of sugar over watermelons or strawberries. Or heat up banana slices with honey & top with pb. Or trail mix. Those are my go tos for the cravings for sweets.

Don't get me wrong though, I do eat cookies or muffins every now and then. Just make sure you give yourself a limit & make up for it in everything else that you eat that day. Or throw in an extra little workout to offset some of the calories. Once you do it for a while, it'll get better!

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting BabyRuca:

Mobile Photo

momkaribg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Thanks for the tips I will try that.

Quoting BabyRuca:

I usually have pb&j sandwiches, the jelly has the sweet sometimes I might even add a little bit of honey to make it sweeter. Fruits are great, I will add a sprinkle of sugar over watermelons or strawberries. Or heat up banana slices with honey & top with pb. Or trail mix. Those are my go tos for the cravings for sweets.

Don't get me wrong though, I do eat cookies or muffins every now and then. Just make sure you give yourself a limit & make up for it in everything else that you eat that day. Or throw in an extra little workout to offset some of the calories. Once you do it for a while, it'll get better!

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting BabyRuca:

Mobile Photo

inthestars711
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Me too! I am always craving sweet stuff!

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting BabyRuca:

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting BabyRuca:

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM
It's horrible. I wish I could just avoid them all together or had the will power to I should say but I am trying to cut slowly back.

Quoting inthestars711:

Me too! I am always craving sweet stuff!

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting BabyRuca:

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting BabyRuca:

Mobile Photo

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I haven't made any food off limits completely....it makes the temptations so much easier.....go get an ice cream cone instead of buying ice cream to have at home, have a treat size choc bar instead of a full sized one, thinsations are great for a sweet tooth and only 100 calories per package, I love foil covered chocolate (I put them in the freezer and take one out when I really need something and just suck on them).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN