Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Minor set back :(

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

We were treated to a mini vacation this holiday weekend courtesy of my boss. He sent the whole office and our spouses to the lake where he keeps his ski boat and rented a pontoon as well. So we just got home this evening after two and a half days in Heber Springs, AR. I took the Insanity set with me but we couldn't get it to play in my computer :( so were starting over on Monday. We also didnt eat like we should have due to late nights and being with a big group and exhausted by the time we got off the lake each day. We'd his grab something quick and head back to the hotel.
The plus side is we still got a little workout with swimming, kneeboarding, wake boarding and even cliff jumping!! I added the photo for proof that I jumped!! Lol! Unfortunately my jump cost me a broken tailbone :(
I haven't gotten on a scale today because we got home earlier this evening. Ill weigh in tomorrow but I doubt I've lost anything. But I'm gonna give my body a rest tomorrow also an try it again on Monday!! I'm lucky that my husband is still motivated to keep going!!
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheBookSiren
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Sounds (and looks) like you had fun! :)

Sorry about your tailbone. It's good you and your husband are both motivated  to keep going, great job. I can't wait to hear how Monday goes.

Suffer The Pain Of Discipline.

Or Suffer The Pain Of Regret.

mkmommy0406
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Thank you!! We had a blast!

Quoting TheBookSiren:

Sounds (and looks) like you had fun! :)

Sorry about your tailbone. It's good you and your husband are both motivated  to keep going, great job. I can't wait to hear how Monday goes.

Hollybriann
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
How are you gonna start back on Monday when you have a broken tailbone??
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Oh no!  Be REALLY careful about jumping back into something like Insanity while you're healing, or you can end up with long term issues.

I'm glad you guys had fun!

Focus on your food for now- you can still lose while you're healing!  I had to focus almost entirely on my food when I tore a tendon in my knee last year.  I was SUPER frustrated, but I knew I needed to let it heal right.  I still lost with eating right, and I did do SOME exercise around my leg.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mkmommy0406
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Well that's hopefully the plan but I'm gonna see how I feel on Monday. I haven't had an X-ray to tell me it's broken but I swear I felt it shift when I went to sit down a little while ago

Quoting Hollybriann:

How are you gonna start back on Monday when you have a broken tailbone??
mkmommy0406
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Ill be taking it one day at a time until I know for sure it won't give me any trouble. But now that were back home staying on track with my diet will be a lot easier

Quoting musicpisces:

Oh no!  Be REALLY careful about jumping back into something like Insanity while you're healing, or you can end up with long term issues.

Focus on your food for now- you can still lose while you're healing!  I had to focus almost entirely on my food when I tore a tendon in my knee last year.  I was SUPER frustrated, but I knew I needed to let it heal right.  I still lost with eating right, and I did do SOME exercise around my leg.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:56 AM

For sure.  Listening to your body is so important!  Good luck with healing and everything!  =)

Quoting mkmommy0406:

Ill be taking it one day at a time until I know for sure it won't give me any trouble. But now that were back home staying on track with my diet will be a lot easier

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

kbornman21
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM

You are SO brave jumping off a high rock like that. I would FREAK out. I can jump off smaller ones, but one that size? No thanks! lol Hopefully you have a speedy recovery and you can get back on the work out train!

susieQ680
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

hope u feel better and heal fast

mkmommy0406
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
It took me a good 30 mins to finally jump! Lol!! And I think then it was more of a fear of being the last one up there!! Lol!

Quoting kbornman21:

You are SO brave jumping off a high rock like that. I would FREAK out. I can jump off smaller ones, but one that size? No thanks! lol Hopefully you have a speedy recovery and you can get back on the work out train!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)