Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

gym mamas

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:34 AM
  • 21 Replies
For those of you who have gym memberships..

1) How much do you pay a month?
2) Do you go to classes there? If so, are they included in the monthly fee?
3) How often do you go?
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsm3
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

when you sign up to the gym, those things are usually included unless you sign up for a seasonal-type thing (ie. you pay a reduced price but your access is restricted to certain days/classes etc).

when i went to the gym, all those things were included and i went every day except sundays.  my hubs does to a gym and he gets access to everythign, including towel service but then again, he goes to an exclusive (flagship) gym.   he goes 5x/week

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I work at a university and go to the university gym.

$15/month
4-5 days/week
There are classes, you don't pay extra for them, but I haven't been to any.
Amber5151
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I pay 29 for the gym membership plus $20 for childcare ( 10 per child). They have a large amount of classes, all included in the membership,I just joined this one last week so I haven't made it to a class yet. My old gym was 37 a month plus 17 for childcare, had classes but not as many. I went to 3 classes a week. I'm hoping to go to the gym 3x a week at least again
kbornman21
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I go to Crunch... it's $10 a month, unless you want tanning included and then it's $20. I haven't gone to the classes yet, I don't have enough confidence just yet but they are included with either membership. I go to the gym 3-7 days a week. I haven't been going much lately, but I need to step it up since I had a 2lb gain this week.

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM
We have a family membership at the Y. Nick's insurance covers most of our fee. It's $74 per month, but we only end up paying $30 of that.
I've been to tons of classes!! I love them...my faves are Pump It, spinning and anything with weights. All classes are included with membership, and also child care.
I go about 3-5 times per week. I always do my strength training there, so that's 3 days...and then depending on the weather I may do my runs there as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I go to a zumba studio- I do the zumba classes 5-6 days a week as well as the pilates and piyo classes they have (once a week each)  

I pay for unlimited and it's 60 a month.

debating getting a gym membership to what's the one that's like 10 bucks a month...so I can do more strength stuff (not for classes really- just thier weights/machines)

akmaldo
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Thank ladies.. I don't do gyms but I had a friend who just got a membership for almost $80 a month!! :x I about died when she told me that!

cj123573
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I pay $60 - it's steep, but the childcare is GREAT there and my son LOVES going.  I also get a break on any sports/classes that I would enroll my kiddo in.  I will also get to take my newbie there once born (well after 6 weeks), it's included in the price

Not lately on the classes, very pregnant and very short of breath.  Most classes are included, there are some private/small group training "classes" that are not included.  Should I want to participate in those, I would get a discounted rate though.  

Not much these past couple of months, more to use the pools for my son.  I want to get back in the routine of 3 - 4 times a week for at least an hour or so

melaniecerise
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM

for a family membership it is $50. It does include classes. I got 2-3 times a week sometimes more if I can fit it in

my4kidsrock2
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM

My membership is supposed to be $30/mo but I got this month free for referring a friend, next month free with a coupon I had and after that I can volunteer 2 hours a week in the child care room and get my monthly membership for free. I'm excited. Plus the gym is a 24 hour gym, so it's really easy for me to work it into my schedule whenever I can.

All classes are included with the membership but I haven't done any yet, although my friend wants me to try Zumba with her so I will be trying that soon.

And I go 3-5 days a week, It depends on what other things I have going on. If I don't go to the gym I at least go for a walk or do a little workout at home. Except on Sundays, that's my day off    :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)