Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Goals?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 16 Replies
I have not set an ultimate goal yet...
So far it has been mini goals. As for an ultimate goal..I have no idea. The last time I was thin I had an eating disorder and serious mental negativity about my body.
I no longer hate my body and am much healthy than I used to be. So I really have no idea what I will look like when I get closer to an ultimate goal.
I have some ideas of goals in my mind. Mostly a pant/shirt size and a general weight...but other than that I have no idea what the ultimate goal will be.

For now it is mini goals. 5 Lbs at a time and one pant/shirt size at a time.

How did you decide your ultimate goal?
Did it change when you got closer??
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
My ultimate goal is to have a bmi and body fat % in the healthy range. My estimates at this point are between 110-130. I've got a ways to get there though. I hope I'll get a better feel for my goal as I approach it. (Still around 180)
LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

My ultimate goal is the same as audmom. Healthy BMI which puts me in 110-130. I want to aim to 130. I started my journey at 170 I am now 157.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

When I started I was 239.  My first major goal was to get under 200 and my next I decided would be 175.

Right now I'm 176... and have decided I'm not done, I'm going for 165 next and then I'll re-evaluate again

*thourgh all that though, I made goals of about 10lbs at a time- and work out and water goals

mandaboo99
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Stick with the small goals, I got down to 114 healthily with small goals, 5 lbs at a time :) good luck momma!!!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

My goal has changed a lot, so I think that sticking to smaller goals is really smart.  Plus, it's less overwhelming that going, "I have 80 more lbs to lose".  So deflating!  My first goal was 160, then I changed it to 134 (my starting weight was 269, so half of that), but now I have no idea where I'll end up.  I'm 158 now, and I think that 134 will be too skinny for my build.  We'll see what feels good as I get closer!  My legs and arms are getting really toned, and I want to lean them out more.  My abs are starting to peek through, too, which is really encouraging!  I still have some SQ fat covering them, and loose skin, but hopefully with more work and time, I'll be where I'm happy and can shift to maintenance mode.  I'm trying to lose what I can this summer, because when school starts, it's harder to actively lose.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My ultimate goal is to be the same weight I was when I married 19 years ago.  Hopefully it's a weight that will allow me to control my diabetes with diet alone.

I set mini goals, increments of 5 lb. weight loss.  It's tough, though.  My body is fighting me for every single ounce.

azn_ladie82
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

My ultimate goal is based on my height- 132lbs and that's the heaviest I "should" be. However, with my body frame..I may look too thin. The smallest I've been in my adult life was 150-ish pounds. So, it will be interesting to see how I will look less than that.

bekalynne440
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I have by big goal of wanting to get down to 135. That is 5 lbs under the max weight for a healthy BMI. That goal may change as I lose more weight.

I also have little goals: to get to 214 (the weight I was at the beginning and end of my pregnancy with dd), to get under 200, to get to 192 (the weight I was when I got pregnant with ds), 172 (the weight I was at my wedding), and 155 (my lowest weight as an adult).
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM

hugs...I am working on little goals....It has been very challenging.....thanks to some ladies here and some post like yours, I GET MYSELF a little more MOTIVATED to keep up the good work for a future bigger goal!!!

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM
My ultimate goal is to not end up with type 2 diabetes or heart disease. I'm 5'4" and apple shaped, so if I gain an ounce it shows on my gut and chin immediately. I don't have a scale, but I know I bounce between 115 and 123, give or take on both ends. My mini goal is to make sure my pants always fit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN