Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for someone to...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 10 Replies
....motivate and encourage me! I am just starting to work out and I really need some encouraging words. I have a habit of find excuses on why I can't work out, when there really shouldn't be any excuse! I can't ask my Dh, he just makes me angry when he does it. Almost like he's making me feel bad. I know it's not his intentions to do that but that's how I feel.

I need to lose this weight and be healthy. Anyone want to be my motivation buddy?
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjlowe
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I went for a long walk/hike with my Dh and dd last night. I felt amazing when I got home. My legs are a bit tired today. We are headed to the beach for the day and walking on the beach is a great way to exercise.

Gotta keep up this positive attitude even when my body hurts.
childofGod995
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

How about we motivate each other. I have the same problem getting motivate to exercise. I exercised for two or three months and then i lost motivation. I have about 50 or less pounds to lose so all the help would be great.

mjlowe
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Yes. Definitely! Small goals work best for me. Right now, my small goal is to do something very active everyday! I am working to add in other exercises but first I want to get in the habit of doing something everyday!

What about you? What helps you?

Quoting childofGod995:

How about we motivate each other. I have the same problem getting motivate to exercise. I exercised for two or three months and then i lost motivation. I have about 50 or less pounds to lose so all the help would be great.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

make small goals of moving so much EVERY day and do it for a week-then you'll want to go for 2 then 3 and you'll have a streak you won't want to break!

*that's how I started- and it kept me motivated to keep going.  Then as time went on, I added more time to the work outs (now I take a day off every week-but I work out close to 2000 min a month so I need rest days here and there)

childofGod995
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

my goal right now is to at least get to the gym to do strength training twice a week and do 90 minutes of cardio at the gym.  

Quoting mjlowe:

Yes. Definitely! Small goals work best for me. Right now, my small goal is to do something very active everyday! I am working to add in other exercises but first I want to get in the habit of doing something everyday!

Quoting childofGod995:

mjlowe
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM

That's great!! I can't afford a gym membership right now. We have some free weights that i can use and I some resistance bands as well. I am going to track my walk tonight to see what the distance is. 

Quoting childofGod995:

my goal right now is to at least get to the gym to do strength training twice a week and do 90 minutes of cardio at the gym.  

Quoting mjlowe:

Quoting childofGod995:

childofGod995
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I have state insurance or government insurance that covers the whole price. 

Quoting mjlowe:

That's great!! I can't afford a gym membership right now. We have some free weights that i can use and I some resistance bands as well. I am going to track my walk tonight to see what the distance is. 

Quoting childofGod995:

Quoting mjlowe:

Quoting childofGod995:

mjlowe
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
What state do you live in?! I've never heard that they cover those things.... ! :)

Quoting childofGod995:

Quoting mjlowe:

Quoting childofGod995:

Quoting mjlowe:

Quoting childofGod995:

momneedsfun2
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I'm curious about this too!
childofGod995
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I live in the state of Minnesota and I am on social security disability

Quoting mjlowe:

What state do you live in?! I've never heard that they cover those things.... ! :)

Quoting childofGod995:

Quoting mjlowe:

Quoting childofGod995:

Quoting mjlowe:

Quoting childofGod995:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)