Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Children using exercise equipment?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
My son is 8 and very tall for his age. He absolutely loves using my elliptical. I have been letting him use it when he wants. It has been raining a lot lately and if he wants to get his energy out then I say OK.
He keeps it on the lowest setting and is safe...
Is this a bad thing?
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
soon2Btwins
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I think as long as they are big enough and understand how to use it.. I wouldn't think it was a problem.
cj123573
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I agree.

Quoting soon2Btwins:

I think as long as they are big enough and understand how to use it.. I wouldn't think it was a problem.

vboatner
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Both of my sons use my elliptical. I have never thought anything bad about it. I think it instills in them that being active and healthy can be fun and is something that they need to do.

TheBookSiren
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM

My kids use my elliptical. I decided when I got it to let them mess with it (with me right there) to take the fun out of it so they (especially the little ones) don't run up to me when I'm using it. It worked.

They don't use it every day and its fun and gets out some of their energy. We do everything work out related with our kids.

Suffer The Pain Of Discipline.

Or Suffer The Pain Of Regret.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with children using cardio equipment as long as they are mature enough to use it properly and understand the dangers....I wouldn't say the same things for weights.

NikiOcasio
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Nothing bad about staying active, as long as they know how to use the equipment and are big enough;.

ilovemykids732
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Thats not bad... BUT if he were trying to lift weights I would say thats not very safe!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN