Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Mad, mad, mad!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 23 Replies

You know, I have worked really hard to get to where I am at.. and I have done it by *trying* to eat healthy, and by working out. I have lost weight and I am happy with myself, I would think that other people would be happy for me too. But no, I have my grandma telling me that I better not lose anymore weight, and my sister in law FB messaging me on facebook telling me that I look sick and diseased?.. Um, No I don't. Please tell me I am not alone, does anybody put any of you down for actually taking care of yourself?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LalasMommy1125
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I had this same vent a week ago! My friends were telling me that I'm too skinny. I need to eat a sandwich! Ignore them! That's what I'm doing.
AimeeJenee
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Sooo frustrating!

Quoting LalasMommy1125:

I had this same vent a week ago! My friends were telling me that I'm too skinny. I need to eat a sandwich! Ignore them! That's what I'm doing.

mizzoumomma3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

If you are happy with the way you look that should be all you need.  Don't mind what those people say.  If your happy then thats all you need!!!

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I think a lot of people take it too far with weight loss. I have a friend that has gotten very thin and she really does need to gain some weight back. Because we are good friends, I told her (in a very nice way) that I thought she looked great with 10 more pounds on her. She was very defensive. Losing weight has become an obsession for her and many others.. and I think it's a fine line. IDK what you look like, and I would never say someone looked diseased.. but I'm just speaking from the other side of the fence.

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you have to deal with that! Try not to listen to them. If it gets worse tell them to focus on their own bodies/lives and not be so concerned with how you choose to live.

Stay positive and keep up the good work!

AimeeJenee
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I do agree that some people take it too far. And I do try to eat healthy, however I am not really that strict at all if I want pizza or cake..guess what? I'm going to have pizza or cake. I workout maybe 3 times a week because my schedule right now won't allow me to do anymore than that or I probably would just to build more muscle. I think I'm a far cry from sick and diseased and it was totally unnecessary for her to say something like that. She has always known me to be on the heavy side because her and my brother in law met after I had my first child and really didn't care about taking care of myself, but pre baby this is totally normal for me.

Quoting randomosityblog:

I think a lot of people take it too far with weight loss. I have a friend that has gotten very thin and she really does need to gain some weight back. Because we are good friends, I told her (in a very nice way) that I thought she looked great with 10 more pounds on her. She was very defensive. Losing weight has become an obsession for her and many others.. and I think it's a fine line. IDK what you look like, and I would never say someone looked diseased.. but I'm just speaking from the other side of the fence.

jupiter5
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Lol what haters, that said weight loss does get obsessive but as long as your dr says your bmi is good ignore it! If it is too low just try to eat more protein and get strong! Good job!
snowbear74
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I think you look fine(from your pic) and if you are doing it as healthy as you can then more power to you.Ignore what they say you wanted to lose the weight and become healthier thats great. keep up the good work!

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM

To me you do look pretty thin but I agree it was unnecessary for her to say those comments.. is she heavy? Or was she always the "thin sister"? Maybe she's jealous.

Quoting AimeeJenee:

I do agree that some people take it too far. And I do try to eat healthy, however I am not really that strict at all if I want pizza or cake..guess what? I'm going to have pizza or cake. I workout maybe 3 times a week because my schedule right now won't allow me to do anymore than that or I probably would just to build more muscle. I think I'm a far cry from sick and diseased and it was totally unnecessary for her to say something like that. She has always known me to be on the heavy side because her and my brother in law met after I had my first child and really didn't care about taking care of myself, but pre baby this is totally normal for me.

Quoting randomosityblog:

AimeeJenee
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM
She is actually about the same as me, from what she says she is only like 5 pounds heavier. The only thing that is really different between us is that I'm about 4 or 5 inches taller so of course I carry different from her. I really would not have minded her talking to me if she was concerned but the way she went about it pisses me off.

Quoting randomosityblog:

To me you do look pretty thin but I agree it was unnecessary for her to say those comments.. is she heavy? Or was she always the "thin sister"? Maybe she's jealous.

Quoting AimeeJenee:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN