Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What type of workout/exercises do you do?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 19 Replies

I love to hike, but because of the time commitment and the current weather, it's not possible to do that 3-5 times a week. I tend to get bored/lack the motivation to go to the gym. I am wanting to try new things to find a new passion to do when hiking is not an option. So, whether you do pure barre classes or run, let me know what you do so I can try new things.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akmaldo
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I do insanity currently. Starting a new DVD workout in a couple of weeks since I'm almost done with insanity. I enjoy running races. I also like to ride bikes.
NananRaysmom
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I walk everyday at lunch...
I do kettlebells and kickboxing.
JeremysMom
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Quoting NananRaysmom:

Do you walk indoors? I want to do something on my lunch break but I sweat a lot and don't want to go back to work all sweaty and I don't have time to go to the indoor track, walk, get cleaned up, and get back in time.

NananRaysmom
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:19 AM
I understand...when I worked in office I changed clothes to walk for that reason.
Thankfully I work from home now...I have a lake across the street from me I .walk around...and dont have to worry about sweating!! Makes it much easier...

Quoting JeremysMom:

Quoting NananRaysmom:

Do you walk indoors? I want to do something on my lunch break but I sweat a lot and don't want to go back to work all sweaty and I don't have time to go to the indoor track, walk, get cleaned up, and get back in time.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I jog/run - not sure where that line is.  Right now, I am doing about an 11 minute mile.  I was down to a little less than a 10 minute mile - but then I had to take a break due to my knee.  Working back up to that...I typically go anywhere between 2 and 4 miles a day depending what I have time for. 

I was getting bored, but found changing my route has helped.... I was doing the same route consistently on my own road where the traffic is fairly heavy, the speed limit is 40 - but most people do at least 45 to 50, and there are no sidewalks.  I have started parking in-town and have been running the different side streets and adding a little more distance each time.  The only pain in the butt thing about this is I do not have something that can track the mileage as I run or my time, so I write down the time when I leave my car and when I get back.  Then, I drive the route I jogged to track the mileage.

For strength training - something new for me - I am doing a combination of the 3 challenges that have been offered up here - arms, abs, and squats.  I made a little chart and check off each section each day I get them done.

cocoroo
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I started T25 yesterday.  I also go hiking or walking a few days a week.  On Sunday, I took my kids on a 7 1/2 mile hike to a mountain lake.  Sometimes I just walk a few miles around our neighborhood.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I work out at home to dvd's mostly.  I'm currently doing Focus T25, which I love so far.  I also do a lot of walking when I can (I commute in NYC so walking and running up and down subway stairs is an everyday routine).  Every once in a while, I run.  I also like to dance which is a great workout.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM

mostly, I zumba- but I also take pilates / piyo and use our small weight machine. I also  walk on the treadmill occasionally and do belly dance (real classes when possible, Dvd's at home about once a week or so)

MathiasMom04
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I am currently finishing up a hybrid I do at home called Les Mills Pump and LM Combat and I love it but since you need help figuring out what to do at work I would suggest going up and down stairs if you have them. You could also take some small dumbells and do lunges up and down your floor to help the circulation in your legs as well or even do sets of 10 squats, squats are a big calorie burner and help to get your heart rate moving so hopefully it won't make you too sweaty. Anyhow, I hope these suggestions help you. 

childofGod995
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I was doing 16 different types of strength training exercises, but i cut them down to 14. i was doing one hour 5 days a week at the gym , but now i am doing a little over an hour at the gym on tuesdays and thursdays and 30 minutes at the gym or outside or at home the other days of the week. I enjoy walking on the treadmill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN