Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Fell off the train

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 4 Replies

So I finally got myself into drinking mainly water and all but quit coke, I had maybe 1-2 a week for a while, to substitute the caffeine and prevent severe mingranes I would have a small (compared to normal) cup of coffee with flavored creamer in the morning, also used it kind of as a treat too.  Well we went on vacation. The only way I got myself to drink water was to freeze 3/4 a bottle of water then fill it up (to help it defrost a little quicker and have more water) and using the sport top bottles helped a lot too. Well, vacation, my bottles didn't stay frozen even half the drive for some reason, so I had to get drinks when we stopped. I stuck to gatorade, flavored water, etc. We get there and they had Coke.... I threw 2 water bottles in the freezer as soon as we settled a bit but in the mean time drank Coke and Sprite. Couldn't have coffee in the AM cause no creamer and don't like it without so said I'd have 1 coke a day to help me while there, big mistake. Plus my water bottles kept getting moved, taken out, lost, kids kept taking them, etc the whole time we were there. Now I'm having a super hard time getting back on track with water >.< I'm trying but it's not going well so far. And with everything going on I miss my old "go-tos" 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jbgrah19
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.  It seems like you did what you could to make sure you had your water but like you said they were misplaced or the kids were taking them.  I like to use a drink more water ap on my phone.  Look at it as an opportunity to start your water challenge again and refine it.  :)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I don't really see how flavored water or gatorade is much better than soda anyway...

Just work on getting back to drinking water- ond day/ one drink at a time

you can do it :)

kmencl3210
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I can't add any apps on my phone :( the memory is super crappy... but m going to start using mfp again tomorrow and hopefully that'll help me get back on track with it all

Quoting jbgrah19:

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.  It seems like you did what you could to make sure you had your water but like you said they were misplaced or the kids were taking them.  I like to use a drink more water ap on my phone.  Look at it as an opportunity to start your water challenge again and refine it.  :)

kmencl3210
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I was trying to avoid soda so I didn't get back in the habit of it again, and since my water wasn't cold any more I had to buy something to drink since it was 11 hrs of driving not including stopping for the kids/gas/etc :( 

I told dh he isn't allowed to touch my water bottles and "assigned" him his own lol he always forgets where he puts them and I bought ds2 his own so hopefully he'll stay away from mine now. 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I don't really see how flavored water or gatorade is much better than soda anyway...

Just work on getting back to drinking water- ond day/ one drink at a time

you can do it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN